Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV-59 “V2” Listing at Sweetwater

There are two listings for “dent and scratch” Tobacco Sunburst JTV-59’s at Sweetwater. One of the listings includes “V2” in the title, while the other does not.  There are four different guitars in each listing. The serial number sequence for both listings appears to be 2017 models. Can someone help me understand the difference if there is one?  Is there a firmware, hardware, software, or other compatibility issue that would affect being able to update the non-v2 guitar as needed?

Finally, were there any major improvements from the ‘17 serial models to the non-dent and scratch models that have ‘19 serial numbers?

I appreciate any insight you can offer.

10 hours ago, songman0412 said:

There are two listings for “dent and scratch” Tobacco Sunburst JTV-59’s at Sweetwater. One of the listings includes “V2” in the title, while the other does not.  There are four different guitars in each listing. The serial number sequence for both listings appears to be 2017 models. Can someone help me understand the difference if there is one?  Is there a firmware, hardware, software, or other compatibility issue that would affect being able to update the non-v2 guitar as needed?

Finally, were there any major improvements from the ‘17 serial models to the non-dent and scratch models that have ‘19 serial numbers?

I appreciate any insight you can offer.

It's a decade old product line at this point...as far as I know nothing has changed in years on end, not even firmware. Updates ceased long ago. No clue what the "V2" designation means.

V2 may also mean by their designation that it has Flash v2.00 or higher.

"were there any major improvements from the ‘17 serial models to the non-dent and scratch models that have ‘19 serial numbers?"

No hardware changes, the Flash was updated to v2.23 to accommodate features of the Shuriken.

Many of the S&D guitars that are factory refurbs would've come across my bench. And nothing leaves my bench until it's 100%,

100% of the time. 

• Like 1

Thanks, it's the work ethic I was instilled with, along with good professors who worked in tech

by day and taught in college and university at night. And hanging with the likes of Phillip Taylor Kramer.

His dad worked at Fermilab for a time. Good mind set to get into.