Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

All Presets name replaced by "NewPreset" after updating to 3.0

gerardmin

54 minutes ago, gerardmin said:

Hi,

I just update my HX Stomp to 3.0 and once done, all presets name disappear and rplaced by "New Preset".

Did someone got the same issue and how can find a list of the 3.0 preset list?

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

Just before updating to version 3.00 you should have made a back up of the presets that were in your HX Stomp, and you can choose to restore them from within HX Edit.

First thing to check is that you do actually have HX Edit v.3 and not an earlier version. You can perform a factory reset on your Stomp which will update with the latest presets.

These are the reset  options. Hold down the combination of Foot Switches while turning on the power to your Stomp.

Recommend FS1+2 and see how it goes.

HX Stomp

Button Combination

Description

All 3 Footswitches

Clears all presets/IRs

FS1+2

Resets presets and IRs

FS 2+3

Factory restore (globals, presets, IRs

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coccoslash said:

Hi, I've just updated my HX Stomp.

Same problem here:

1) Brand New HX Stomp

2) Update 3.0

3) All names "New Presets"

It's not a matter of backup 

Just do a factory reset - hold down FS2 and FS3 while powering up. If you’ve not created any presets yet, you don’t need to do anything else.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/27/2022 at 9:20 PM, StickyDingo said:

Just confirming that this is still an issue in April of 2022. 

Hi,

It’s not an “issue”, it is a know consequence of not following the firmware update procedures as mentioned in the release notes. I would guess that possibly more than 90% of “issues” are avoidable by the user.

This thing is so common that it really should have it’s own “sticky”, similar to this one:

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 4/27/2022 at 3:20 PM, StickyDingo said:

Just confirming that this is still an issue in April of 2022.  I bought a new HX Stomp and powered it up to find all presets named 'New Preset'.  Nothing in the box about this issue so I googled it and found this post.  Factory reset did the trick.

I believe retailers and/or distributors often update the firmware on units they have in their stock, but they forget to do the factory reset after doing it.

• Upvote 1