Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go Edit 1.11 will not open

Rossco02

Just purchased a Pod Go ( which is superb ) and wanted to use Pod Go Edit. Downloaded, installed and it will not open. I get no errors ( I’ve seen the previous threads on DLL missing ). In the event viewer there is an Application error Eventid 1000 Exception code 0xc000005 but nothing else.

has anyone else seen this. I’m using a Surface Pro 7 and Windows 10

@usedbyanr Thanks for the suggestion and I took a look at your thread. I'm using Pod Go Edit on a Surface Pro and therefore using a microSD for additional storage. Your suggestion to remove the SD card did work and now Pod Go Edit 1.11 opens up....unfortunately you have to do this every time to open Pod Go Edit so for now I'll go back to 1.10. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Oh man, thanks for the tip about the SD card on Surface pro. Never would have got the edit software to launch and I would have had to return the Pod (which would be sad).

I'd double-click on the Pod Go edit and I'd get the Windows spinning wheel for a couple seconds and that's it. Nothing happened. Re-installed about 10 times with reboots. This was after I already dealt with the missing .dll issue. Removed the SD card (which I consider permanent storage so not ideal) and the software fires right up. This was version 1.11. Not sure if issue fixed in 1.12 since you have to install 1.11 to get there.

No problem.. I have to admit I haven't moved from 1.10 as yet (which doesn't require you to remove the SD card). I do most of my editing on the Pod Go to be honest. I didn't realise there was a Pod Go edit 1.12...sure its not the firmware you're talking about?

On 11/30/2020 at 6:35 PM, usedbyanr said:

My post from Sept. 21st might help. I know it's in the Helix forum but I mention Pod Go Edit there as well.

Ah I recently added a new microSD card to my laptop to extend it's storage and had been wondering why I could no longer open Pod Go Edit. Popping out the card fixed it, thanks! Hopefully there's an update at some point to fix that properly.

• 1 month later...

Hi All, "All life" with PODX3, but today I open my new POD GO. I think that my problem is related to this problem.... so here I go. I installed the last version of POD go edit and drivers on my licensed win10 (1.21). Drivers worked (at least Computer detected it, still not checked with Cubase... ) but POD go edit 1.21 didn't work (does not happen anything when I click on the icon trying to run it). I tried 1.11.... the same. I installed 1.10, and it worked... in fact it requested me to upgrade podgo firmware to 1.21... and I did it. But still only POD GO edit 1.10 version is the only one I can run. This is very weird....

• 9 months later...

I bought my brand new pod go within the last year and downloaded the edit software as soon as I got home. Everything worked fine at first but after a few months, new updates have since been released and whenever I would attempt to update the software, I could not get the application to boot up. The only thing that will work is version 1.10. This is frustrating because there are new effects and cabs I would like to try. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

15 minutes ago, Asloat94 said:

I bought my brand new pod go within the last year and downloaded the edit software as soon as I got home. Everything worked fine at first but after a few months, new updates have since been released and whenever I would attempt to update the software, I could not get the application to boot up. The only thing that will work is version 1.10. This is frustrating because there are new effects and cabs I would like to try. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

If you’re using Windows, make sure you don’t have an SD card inserted into the SD reader slot, if you have one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/28/2022 at 4:56 AM, thill82505 said:

after downloading the line 6 edit application it wont open because it says MSVCR100.dll cant be found I have tried reinstalling but it still doesn't work even after updated to the newest version  

First, reboot your computer and then try Pod Go Edit. Sometimes a reboot will fix any corrupt system files.  If this doesn't work, see next bit. 

What computer/laptop/operating system do you have?  If you have a windows PC/laptop do a search for MSVCR100.dll to determine if the file is missing or if it is there but not being recognised. 

Go to command prompt, right click and open in admin mode.  In the command window type in sfc /scannow  (the space before the slash is intentional).   This will check the integrity of your windows system files (inc .DLL files) and will repair or replace any missing or corrupt files.  Takes a few minutes to run so be patient but you can still use your computer in the meantime). This is a safe bona-fide Windows check and cannot harm your computer.  (see here: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161 ).

Once finished, restart your computer and run Pod Go Edit to see if this fixes the problem.  If it doesn't, search for MSVCR100.dll to see if the file is in your system. There are numerous youtube and website help sites to guide you re how to install MSVCR100.dll into a folder that programmes like Pod Go Edit will recognise.  (This is a windows system file by the way, so reinstalling PG Edit probably won't help).