Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 UX1 and macOS Big Sur

Hello,

I just recently purchased a MacBook and I have dusted off my old Line6 UX1 with hopes to use it with Apple's Logic. However, I have updated my MacOS to the new Big Sur before downloading any Line6 software. I now see that Line6 software products are incompatible with the new OS11.

I am hoping to plug my guitar in and experiment with Logic's capabilities during my temporary trial period. Am I out of luck until the next Line6 software update? Is there an estimate for that update's arrival?

Thank you

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It is now April 2021. 'Delay' in upgrading to Big Sur for most users is not sustainable. The endless leapfrogging of silicon/OS/Apps forces one to upgrade one or the other over time. Apps won't work without OS upgrade or new features won't be available without upgrade. Perpetual upgrade nag screens are like a dripping tap. I can get by with manually twiddling the knobs and buttons on my HDX500X but the Mac editor is massively more convenient and fast. I have a gig and new material on day after lockdown finishes (21st June) and want to rejig the POD. I upgraded MacBook to AIR/M1 so as to be able to carry on using my DAW and now I can't use the POD (inter alia). I bought the POD a few years back to trim down my ever growing or changing pedal set expecting to handle everything with one device.

Line 6 Monkey and HD edit downloaded and installed but non-op and can't 'see' the POD. I hope it is going to be sorted soon.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just spent over two hours trying to figure out what's wrong with my UX1. Have an M1 and wanted to use it after 2 years in the closet. Just saw this forum.

Are you guys from line6 for real? Give us an update!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem here. Just grabbed trusted old Toneport GX after long period of time and no luck with Big Sur. After I read all above entries I'm so disappointed. It used to work fine with my previous computers... Shame Line 6.... shame.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm currently running 11.5.2 Big Sur and trying to use my UX1. The updater software says it can't be installed due to Apple not being able to check it for malicious software. Can I get around this? It would be nice for my UX1 to work again. It's always been fiddly compared to other interfaces, but it's the only one I own at the moment. 

Hi all, I got my UX1 working with Garage Band on a Big Sur equipped Intel iMac, and here's how:

1. First plug in your UX1 directly into your Mac
  2. Go to the Downloads Page  and select Toneport UX1 from the hardware dropdown menu

657748401_Screenshot2021-09-21at09_57_36.thumb.png.4e97ff8fdfa62c593ef5cc5de54c570b.png

3. Scroll down until you get to Drivers. Download it and install as usual

If you get the message about Apple not being able to install because it can't check for malicious software, go to 'Settings>Security and Privacy' in the bottom section of that pane should be the option to 'Allow Downloads from Line 6' which you need to click 

4. When it's installed, the USB light should go green (excuse the dust....)

276664850_UX1dusty.thumb.jpg.580e0190dedf19964998f4394ff76367.jpg

5. The Mac will restart

6. Now if you look at your Line 6 Audio - MIDI device the UX1 will be in the devices tab. If not then you need to register your computer and device (there's loads of guides on here to do that)

603477452_Screenshot2021-09-21at09_53_20.png.d91ff81e10708834f9ca696a000e4af6.png

1708769965_Screenshot2021-09-21at10_09_58.png.7af9245bd79f502af57b01c89ca9e8e3.png

7. Open Garage Band and you will now have all of the UX1 inputs as options

1695638925_Screenshot2021-09-21at09_56_36.png.7cbd74f2e94ec7df178908c44e16deef.png

I have found that I can't use the updater program, the UX1 doesn't appear in 'My Devices'

Forget Monkey altogether, it seems Line 6 have....

and I hope that helps!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well a little help to all, I wake up my TonePort UX1 in big sur - very simple , I reconnect sount card to other port and inducator in card On GREEN

And then simple restart computer, then UX1 present in system and perfect work

Just try re plug in to other usb ports

I have Hackintosh in Z490 and Intel precessor i9

• 3 weeks later...