Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is There A Simulated Feedback Patch 500X and ProX

Karma180

Hi, so I have this groovy pedal called Freqout in front of my POD HD500X and can hold it down for long feedback effects, there's even a setting for an infinite feedback. I'd like to be able to set up a patch on both my 500x and my ProX that has a stomp button that can do a similar simulated feedback effect; maybe using pitch glide or something. Has anyone done this with success; its gotta sound good :)

You can build a Simulated Feedback Patch by yourself if you follow the suggestions given below here:

(copied form here: https://line6.com/support/topic/4542-how-use-pitch-harmonic-pod-hd-500/?do=findComment&comment=40034)

Effect type Pitch --> Pitch Glide

Place right after noise gate and before any other effects or amps.  Turn on in FX tab of HD Edit and set pitch to +12 for one octave up.  Go to Controller tab and set Pitch Glide mix to Exp 1 or 2, min 0, max 100.

Now when playing with heel down you get your normal tone, when you go toe down it jumps one octave giving you that pinch harmonic/feedback effect..

You can add a compressor to get a longer sustain

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 3 weeks later...

Or just add an extra distortion pedal, so that when needed you can turn on that extra extra high gain.  I played a gig this summer without even using a cabinet--straight into a PA and go amazing feedback for those dramatic rock guitar codas etc.  Let your guitar feed back naturally from the PA/monitors, as applicable.