Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Failed to load preset. Could not decrypt the asset. [code -1116] Anyone know how to help?

calebkoptamusic

I continue to get this error message on Helix Native while loading the plug in, it defaults to 01A US Double Nrm but i cannot change patches or edit any of the blocks. If I do I lose response from the plug in all together and only get this message (I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall and disconnect from my wifi signal. My MacBook is currently running   Catalina, it is too old to go operate OS Big Sur. 

"Failed to load preset.

Could not decrypt the asset.

"

Thanks in advance for any help! 

9 hours ago, calebkoptamusic said:

I continue to get this error message on Helix Native while loading the plug in, it defaults to 01A US Double Nrm but i cannot change patches or edit any of the blocks. If I do I lose response from the plug in all together and only get this message (I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall and disconnect from my wifi signal. My MacBook is currently running   Catalina, it is too old to go operate OS Big Sur. 

"Failed to load preset.

Could not decrypt the asset.

"

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Hi,

That error code is a new one on me, never seen that reported, but I have seen “failed to decrypt asset” with different code numbers. It means what it says - something is damaged or corrupted and it cannot load, possibly a preset or an IR.

You don’t mention if you have had HX Native installed previously, and it worked fine. Or is this a brand new installation? Also you don’t say what DAW you are trying to open Native in, it would help to know that.

I have had Native running in Logic, GarageBand, Reaper, Studio One etc, right from the first release and recently updated to the latest version without any issues. Running High Sierra on late 2015  Apple  iMac 27 inch Retina 5k with 32 GB RAM.

I realise that you said you have tried to re-install, but I would give it another shot and if possible download a free copy of Reaper to see if it will launch from inside there. If it does, try opening it again in your usual DAW. If Reaper is the one you are using, try GarageBand - it’s free, and might blow the bugs out.

If all else fails, raise a ticket with support.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

The phrase ‘decrypt the asset’ is typically used in conjunction with ‘assets’ purchased from the Helix Marketplace. It usually means that the preset refers to Marketplace items that have not been authorized for use within your account or on a specific computer. Such assets have a badge associated with them that is visible in the preset. It looks like a gold guitar pick. Do you know whether or not your presets contain any Helix Marketplace assets?

I have the same error (native 3 on Catalina ). All my presets are stock, selfmade, and some (choptones etc.) were bought before the Marketplace even existed. 
In Logic Pro , Native is still executing the preset that was previously set, but I can't switch to a different preset (gives the same error: 1116). In Ableton, when opening previous projects, Native doesn't proces anything

3 hours ago, kvdm said:

I have the same error (native 3 on Catalina ). All my presets are stock, selfmade, and some (choptones etc.) were bought before the Marketplace even existed. 
In Logic Pro , Native is still executing the preset that was previously set, but I can't switch to a different preset (gives the same error: 1116). In Ableton, when opening previous projects, Native doesn't proces anything

Hi

If you have tried and had no success with the ideas in the post above, then your best recourse is to raise a ticket with Customer Support and a least they will be made aware of this problem.

Support suggested deleting vst3/component/aax and most Native files in /Library/Application Support, followed by a reinstall. Doesn’t change a thing. Only deleting the encrypted presets/IR’s gives me unlocked presets blocks. So basically I lost all my own stuff.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone managed to solve this issue, I have raised a ticket but they respond a F$$%^ing snails pace. Take your money at the speed of light, , Frustrating as hell.

I have tried all above, it just keeps happening

FYI Catalina as well

They say don't update to Sur, why not, this lollipop doesn't work on Catalina.

This is all because people ripoff their software and they then put in lollipop copy protection which fails at the expense of people who actiual spend the money on the product. Line 6, get you lollipope together, I am personally sick of these sorts of issues.

A person puts this much money into your product and yet can't use it. Piece of crap. I would be very happy for a refund and move on to someone who's software works.

ok its working, Here is what I found

1st, make sure you back up your presets,

I followed the recommend procedures by Line6 several times with no luck, I did change the process slightly and it works, maybe good luck but maybe its the difference

Please delete the following files: 

/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Line 6/Helix Native.aaxplugin  (note:, I didnt have this directly but I did a search and found it and deleted it)

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Helix Native.component 

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Line 6/Helix Native.vst 

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Line 6/Helix Native.vst3 

once all gone, I did the following

Folder 1: 

/Library/Application Support/Line 6/Helix Native/ 

Folder 2: 

{user folder}/Library/Application Support/Line 6/Helix Native/ 

You may need to unhide certain library folders. You can do this by pressing Command+Shirt+Period when you're in the Finder window. 

Then I deleted the trash file on my mac,

I opened the Line6 authorisation tool and deuathorised my Mac

Restarted my mac,

Restarted the Line6 Authorisation tool and authorised my mac.

from there I reinstalled the latest Helix Native,

restarted my Logic

Reauthorised my Helix native by the login section at the bottom of the plugin and it worked.

That worked for me.

I stand by what I say, make your copy protection but not at the risk of a failing  product for actual people who purchase the software.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/27/2022 at 9:16 AM, holliskef said:

Hi, I hope someone is still monitoring this board... Here is a really silly question.. How do I back up my Helix Native Presets? I cannot find an answer anywhere..  Thank you..

To back up individual presets simp0le drag/drop them to a folder on your computer. to back up a setlist or bundle use the Export Setlist/Bundle commands. (see manual pages 24/25)

• 3 months later...

I came back to this forum because I have upgraded my computer and ran into the problem again. I went through the ring around uninstalling and reinstalling a handful of times as described in the pilot guide. It didn't help. I ended up getting the plug-in to function and become usable but I lost all the stock presets.

this is what I did:

click the settings icon on the plug-in.

go to hardware compatibility.

switch the "Current Hardware Compatibility Mode" to "Off"

and the plug-in began to work for me.

Like I mentioned I lost all my presets but if you back them up you should be fine.

(I don't use this plug-in with a floorboard so for any users looking to make their plug-in compatible with their floorboard, this may not solve your issue.)  

On 4/17/2023 at 12:08 AM, calebkoptamusic said:

I came back to this forum because I have upgraded my computer and ran into the problem again.

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you encountered this issue once again. 

When you say you “upgraded” your computer, it might be helpful to know the details of you computer, DAW, and OS. It might assist in narrowing  down possible reasons for the “glitch”.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 11:50 PM, robertopablo said:

I'm having the exact same issue, maybe after updating my Macbook Air to the latest beta OS version. I'm even unable to reset factory setting, when I click that option, nothing happens. Really annoying :(

Hi,

Interesting conundrum.

You update your MacBook Air to a public beta release (MacOS Ventura 13.4), and now your copy of Helix Native doesn’t work correctly? 

Usually, I find software will stop working as expected when something changes to cause that to happen. Mmm … what could possibly have changed to bring this about? Couldn’t possibly be anything to do with a beta version of Apple’s OS, oh, no, not that!

I know - blame Line 6 - Really annoying :(

You also failed to mention if you actually tried the possible solutions presented here?

Hope this helps/makes sense. (Possibly not!)

Same problem for me.

v3.5.1 which I got working (w/ help from @datacommando after temporarily having to use another MBP.

I had the 'picks' right away but didn't realize it was a problem.

Today trying to export bundle to go to 3.6 and I'm in the -1116 chorus..

Hardware/software: 2019 Intel MBP. Ventura 13.3.1

When I fussed w/ all of this a month or two ago I had all of my previous installs (vestigial records in my Line6 account of previous computers) deauthorized and only this one is marked. The name was lacking an apostrophe which I have locally (Andrew's....) so I changed my computer name locally per one of the earlier entries in this thread) to drop that but still didn't resolve.

I use HXN w/ MainStage and Logic. For MS, I save each song preset out to disk then for each time I play I just load the ones that I need for that week SO that makes me think "my sounds" are safe and I can just punt this thing and do a new factory reset/install to get the new stuff then load my songs/presets as needed...is that correct?

Tks folks/Peace

Update. Since no comments here, I opened a L6 support ticket (via email) on Sunday evening. First reply 24 hours and after a couple back/forths, the tech agreed with my supposition that my saved song patches would be fine so this morning (thursday) I did an install of v3.6 and 'reset factory settings' which cleared all of the pick icons.

My songs are good w/ my settings and I have all of the current/new presets available.

tks/peace.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

This could actually be a little easier to solve.

Hello. I am a Japanese music producer. use translation.

In my case, I got the 1116 error, yellow pick like everyone else, and couldn't load any presets.

One solution is to first open setting and look at the [Hardware Compatibillity] column in the Current Hardware Compatibillity Mode tab.
If it says Helix Floor~~~, click it to turn it off.
User presets are initialized, but as soon as all the picks are taken and can be read, the error no longer occurs.

I'm a Helix native only user.

This works even if the initialization button is unresponsive.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hi
I'm having a similar problem.

I've been happily using Line 6 Helix Native software inside Studio One for the past 6 months.

All of a sudden I can no longer get the Setlists (the Helix name for Preset Banks) to change.

It is stuck on Setlist #1 called "FACTORY 1"

The plugin itself works fine within this Setlist and allows me to change individual presets but not the Setlist/Bank.

One might think that this was a Line 6 problem except that Helix Native is working as intended in two other DAWs that I use - Bitwig and Reaper.

I've raised a ticket but any useful info from the community would be most welcome.

On 10/9/2023 at 11:56 PM, KozmykJ said:

Hi

I've been happily using Line 6 Helix Native software inside Studio One for the past 6 months.

All of a sudden I can no longer get the Setlists (the Helix name for Preset Banks) to change.

The plugin itself works fine within this Setlist and allows me to change individual presets but not the Setlist/Bank.

One might think that this was a Line 6 problem except that Helix Native is working as intended in two other DAWs that I use - Bitwig and Reaper.

I've raised a ticket but any useful info from the community would be most welcome.

Hi,

”Me too”, isn’t a great way to ask for assistance - a little more clarity and info is a big help.

Have you checked this thread?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2023 at 5:56 PM, KozmykJ said:

Hi

Have you gotten resolution on this?  i am having the exact same problem.  Everything worked great until the last update i feel.  Now i can't change any parameters or setlists/etc.

• 2 months later...

Same problem here after a PC upgrade. In 2023...

So I set "off" in compatibility list and recovered the default factory settings. After that, the user banks were still locked but I could import my backup over them so everything is in order.

• 2 months later...

On Mac, I find this problem can occur when your computer name changes, which can happen automatically by the OS sometimes - a number with parenthesis might be added after the name you originally gave the computer in System Settings -> General -> About -> Name. Changing this back to the original name (whatever it was when authorizing Helix Native) fixed the preset problem for me.