Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native and Garageband

andymac12345

3 hours ago, andymac12345 said:

Ive been gifted a Helix Native plug-in and have garagband running . However I can't seem to get pass the attached screen when loading up the plug-in !!! Any help would be appreciated 

First thing to say is, I have no idea what you have done there, other than it shouldn't look like that!

Things look like that in Logic Pro if you switch view mode from Helix Native AU View to Editor/Controls Mode.

Not sure how you initiate that "Editor" mode in the version of GarageBand 10.3.5 on my Mac  - could be you have a different version.

It should look like this. If it doesn't, then try a re-install and maybe consult the GarageBand manual, if you're not familiar with using plugins.

You did restart your Mac after installing Native into GarageBand didn't you?

670289762_GBandNative.thumb.jpg.3b6ca393ef46b0b41cb986030013aad4.jpg

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Edited by datacommando
Typo

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, not on my Mac now, but I recall in GarageBand you can set each plugin to use it's UI (this is what you are looking for, and there MUST be a button for it) or you can use simplified view (which you are presenting on your image). I played a bit with GarageBand buttons and had same view as you but I was able to back to Native UI just by one click.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zigatron said:

You need to change the VIEW: drop down from Controls to Editor

Ahh! There it is!

That’s the exact thing that needs to be changed, but on the OP’s screen shot that option isn’t available. Also, if you look at my screenshot of Native in GarageBand that “View” button is not shown.

Weird. 

That’s what confused me, because it’s obvious in Logic Pro X, but no so obvious as to how to initiate the option to swap the view from “Controls” to “Editor”. It’s not an issue for me, because HX Native displays normally in GB, and I rarely use it as Logic is more my DAW of choice on the Mac - although, I do sometimes use GarageBand and AmpliTube on the iPad for jotting down quick ideas when I’m not in the studio.

Must be a preferences thing to get that to show up?

Thanks for the info.

On 12/31/2020 at 12:21 AM, zigatron said:

You need to change the VIEW: drop down from Controls to Editor

I just checked with GarageBand 10.2: Helix Native 3.01 loads as expected.

No Change View dropdown, and never was. That's Logic exclusive.

I'd go through the usual troubleshooting:

• clear all system caches incl. AU cache (use e.g. Onyx) & reboot
  • log in as a different user and try GarageBand with Native from that account, i.e. with vanilla preferences
  • if it doesn't help, reinstall Native
  • if it doesn't help, reinstall GarageBand, too
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, pisznaberdyczow said:

This is my garageBand

Well, that's amazing, indeed!

Which GarageBand version?

Which MacOS?

Could have been an accidental oversight by the developers in one of the updates that was subsequently removed again.

That happens: For example, the current version of iZotope RX8 Elements also "features" such an oversight that shouldn't be there by design, being actually an exclusive feature to the much more pricey RX8 Standard and Advanced. I, for one, can't complain about it either. :) But I won't be shocked if they eventually find out and "fix" it in a subsequent update…

• 3 years later...

Don’t know if you figured this out. I just purchased Native and had same screen. I had to remove the check on settings-accessibility-then uncheck “open plug in controls view by default.  I then had my line 6 login screen appear. Logged in as normal on line 6 and my presets screen appeared.