Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Burning questions

bartol

Hello guys! I hope you're all doing well. It's my first post here, greetings from Poland. I'm a long time happy Pod Farm user and lately I decided to upgrade my bedroom rig considerably with Pod Go. 

It's a tweaker's dream and overall, after some adjustment period, I'm very happy with my choice. On a side note I think Pod Farm with expansion packs was really cool and with IR loading capabilities it could be still competitive in the software modelling market.

I have four questions, maybe someone could help me.

1. Is there any scenario in which mode button lights up or is my unit faulty in this regard? This one button's light is always off and it's a bit disappointing. And yes, I know, this in nitpicking.

2. Is there a way to automatically switch from preset mode to stomp mode after selecting a preset, without using mode button? I would like the unit to switch to stomp mode immediately when I select a preset. I think it can be done with snapshots. Am I missing something here?
3. How do you guys set and balance volume between presets? Which is the preferred/better method, amp channel volume or overall preset output level?
4. Is there a way to display the current bpm when I'm setting it with the tap tempo footswitch? How to check it as fast as possible, without too much diving into menus?

Hi @bartol

1. Is there any scenario in which mode button lights up or is my unit faulty in this regard? This one button's light is always off and it's a bit disappointing. And yes, I know, this in nitpicking.

Not currently as far as I'm aware. Whether this feature is added at a later date, we'll have to see

2. Is there a way to automatically switch from preset mode to stomp mode after selecting a preset, without using mode button? I would like the unit to switch to stomp mode immediately when I select a preset. I think it can be done with snapshots. Am I missing something here?

Not currently as far as I'm aware
3. How do you guys set and balance volume between presets? Which is the preferred/better method, amp channel volume or overall preset output level?

There is no simple global way to do this I'm afraid. It has to be done manually by adjusting volume/master volume/output volumes or volume paramaters of eg the cab
4. Is there a way to display the current bpm when I'm setting it with the tap tempo footswitch? How to check it as fast as possible, without too much diving into menus?

If you go into view, select eg the delay, and press the tap-tempo you will see 'Tempo' displayed - the setting will change as you press tap-tempo. When you find the tempo you want, don't forget to save the patch or the patch will revert back to its pre-set settings

No probs. However, re (2) you can select 4-button stomp mode and scroll up/down presets and select a patch whilst in the 4-button stomp mode. What would be good, & Line 6 has been asked for this, is to allow the 2 external footswitches (F7/F8) to be used as patch up/down so you can change patches in the normal 6-button stomp mode. 

3)  I think the best place to adjust the volume is the amp's channel volume.  You can do it on the cab, but depending where your FX Loop and other effects might sit, I think you're probably better to just set it there, rather to have a maxed out amp running a hot signal, which could screw up a pedal in your FX Loop or whatnot sitting between amp & cab. 

Also seems a bit more intuitive than cab...  So yeah both would work, but I'd rather never touch cab volume, and just managing volume with amp.  That way, it's always one place to check/adjust the volume.