Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Long presets rebuild after updating to 3.00 and 3.01?

molul

This might be a silly question, but I updated to 3.00 when it came out a few weeks ago and didn't use it till today, to update to 3.01.

I turned the Helix LT on and it started rebuilding presets (it did that when I updated to 3.00). Even weired, it rebuilt 999 presets (took reeeeeally long).

At first I thought "Ok, maybe last time I forgot to do this. Let's turn it off and on again and see if it happens again". It didn't. Helix LT booted normally.

Then I updated to 3.01. Presets we rebuilt as it normally does during an update.

So I turn the unit of and on again, and it's rebuilding presets again. I'm waiting to see where it reaches while I write this. Ok, it reached around 500 this time.

I turned the unit off and on again. Booted normally.

I'm kinda calm right now, but I wonder if this is normal. Has this happened to anyone else?

12 minutes ago, molul said:

This might be a silly question, but I updated to 3.00 when it came out a few weeks ago and didn't use it till today, to update to 3.01.

I turned the Helix LT on and it started rebuilding presets (it did that when I updated to 3.00). Even weired, it rebuilt 999 presets (took reeeeeally long).

At first I thought "Ok, maybe last time I forgot to do this. Let's turn it off and on again and see if it happens again". It didn't. Helix LT booted normally.

Then I updated to 3.01. Presets we rebuilt as it normally does during an update.

So I turn the unit of and on again, and it's rebuilding presets again. I'm waiting to see where it reaches while I write this. Ok, it reached around 500 this time.

I turned the unit off and on again. Booted normally.

I'm kinda calm right now, but I wonder if this is normal. Has this happened to anyone else?

Don't turn off your device during a preset rebuild. Could not tell for sure from your post if you let it complete, probably did, if so ignore the warning.. At least on the Helix there are up to 1,024 presets to rebuild(often skips the Factory presets as they are already at the current firmware version if you did a global reset). Wait for the rebuild process to complete and your device will show its usual operational screen.  It is normal for the first startup after a firmware update or backup to include a preset rebuild. Just wait for it to complete and it should not do it upon your next restart.

I didn't ^_^U I actually played for a while before turning it off when I updated to 3.00. And today with 3.01 I waited until I could make a backup, made the backup, then turned it off when screen was showing the usual stuff.

Now that I think about it... 3.00 and 3.01 have been the first updates where I created and restored backups. I wonder if it has something to do with that?

3 minutes ago, molul said:

I didn't ^_^U I actually played for a while before turning it off when I updated to 3.00. And today with 3.01 I waited until I could make a backup, made the backup, then turned it off when screen was showing the usual stuff.

Now that I think about it... 3.00 and 3.01 have been the first updates where I created and restored backups. I wonder if it has something to do with that?

Sure does! The Helix runs the rebuild process to ensure that presets from earlier firmware versions get upgraded to be compatible with the new firmware and HX Edit version.

• Upvote 1