Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

3.01 update

Rockinguy

19 minutes ago, Rockinguy said:

The update would be great...........If I can keep the HX edit from crashing long enough to update it. Any suggestions?

it maybe due to the traffic of users hitting the servers all at the same time.

Just a thought.

I've been using line6 updater for my helix LT off and on for a while, including during beta testing of 3.0 - it works fine and has some advantages and disadvantages compared to hx edit for your updates.  But it should see your devices.  Are your devices added or anything that you need to do to configure it?  Maybe your issue isn't hx edit as much as your pc right now?

1 minute ago, donkelley said:

I've been using line6 updater for my helix LT off and on for a while, including during beta testing of 3.0 - it works fine and has some advantages and disadvantages compared to hx edit for your updates.  But it should see your devices.  Are your devices added or anything that you need to do to configure it?  Maybe your issue isn't hx edit as much as your pc right now?

My Helix LT worked just fine yesterday. Today there's a firmware update and it all goes to crap. The Line 6 updater has never shown any of my hardware so i've never used it. I did manage to find the 3.01.0 update and d/l it. Then when I try to open it, it wants me to d/l an app to open the d/l? I'm perplexed.

13 minutes ago, Rockinguy said:

My Helix LT worked just fine yesterday. Today there's a firmware update and it all goes to crap. The Line 6 updater has never shown any of my hardware so i've never used it. I did manage to find the 3.01.0 update and d/l it. Then when I try to open it, it wants me to d/l an app to open the d/l? I'm perplexed.

You on windows or mac make sure you download proper file in pull down menus on downloads page 

2 hours ago, rsvette12 said:

Reinstall Helix Edit then run it and update your LT from Helix Edit 

This is what i ended up doing. uninstalled HX Edit and Line 6 updater. Reinstalled both and then restarted Helix LT because HX Edit still wouldn't connect. After that all went well. Thank you everyone for your time and suggestions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have noticed issues connecting to L6 servers for the past time. Helix Edit needs to be online to update the device but it's not possible. Used Line 6 updater to roll 3.01 from 2.82 offline (downloaded the firmware file prior). Went perfect, all works.