Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

poly capo greyed out cant add to my chain

Hugthese

You're out of DSP on that path. The new Poly stuff uses something like 45% of the DSP on a single path.

If you've got a Stomp or HXFX you'll be very limited in the other effects available.

If you've got the full fat Helix (Floor, LT, Rack), extend Path 1 to Path 2 and move some of the other effects down.

If you are using an IR, the first thing to do is select 1024 sample size. Then start compromising on other parts of the chain.

I applaud Line 6 for adding a very useful 8 blocks, but remember that it won't boost your DSP.

I'd love to see all Helix modellers released with double DSP!

On 12/5/2020 at 3:01 AM, Hugthese said:

already have preset when i try to add poly capo its grey and wont let me select anyone?

As everyone else has already noted, you have run out of DSP. Some combinations of FX, Amps and IRs will eat this up pretty quickly.

FYI:

Forum user “Malhavok” (Ben Vesco) has a full list of DSP allocation on his website - certainly worth checking out as it has been re-worked for version 3.0 firmware - find it here.

https://benvesco.com/store/helix-dsp-allocations/

Hope this helps/makes sense.

7 hours ago, datacommando said:

Forum user “Malhavok” (Ben Vesco) has a full list of DSP allocation on his website - certainly worth checking out as it has been re-worked for version 3.0 firmware - find it here.

https://benvesco.com/store/helix-dsp-allocations/

An older list is also available here:

15 hours ago, rd2rk said:

If you've got a Stomp or HXFX you'll be very limited in the other effects available.

Based on the old list, last week I did some tests to figure out how many and which blocks a Stomp can bear with the Poly Sustain:

For my preset, I'm using, in this order:

Tron Up, Gain, US Small Tweed A+C, Simple EQ, Poly Sustain (on parallel), Ganymede

All mono.

Tron Up is a must-have in most of my guitar presets, so that one was set from the start. (Yep, I play some funk guitar.)

US Small Tweed is among the least DSP hungry amps. Cabs are apparently all the same DSP-wise.

Gain doesn't eat up almost anything, so I'm using it as a booster to overdrive the amp.

Simple EQ is also very DSP friendly, it helps to model the amp more precisely.

Ganymed mono is the least DSP-hungry reverb.

Additionally, I'm also using snapshots, a DMC.micro and an expression pedal switchable to EXP1/2 to control various aspects of several blocks.

Summed up, you can still do a lot with a Poly block if you use only "small footprint" effects.