Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

USB audio iPhone -> HX Stomp stopped working?

nmxiansen

I’ve used my iPhone as an audio input into the USB port of my HX stomp to play along with backing tracks and songs. 

Since I updated to 3.0 (now 3.01) the iPhone won’t play sound through the USB into the Stomp, but instead keeps playing through its built-in speakers. 

The USB on the Stomp works, I can play audio from my laptop, just not from an iPhone or iPad. 

Any clues as to what might be going on? 

Are you sure you didn't change anything on the iPhone?

Have you tried streaming through USB from your computer? If that works, it has to be the iPhone settings.

I just tested USB from my computer (3.01). Works fine. Don't have a camera kit to test with.

Works fine on my Helix Floor f/w 3.0.1 and iPhone XS Max running iOS 14.2.

On my old iPhone 7 Plus, my lightning port got clogged up with lint, apparently a common issue, and the connection was spotty. A toothpick and careful cleaning inside the port, everything worked fine. There was A LOT...like more than I thought could even fit in the port!

Aside from that, double check your cable. Could be a faulty camera adapter, too. Couldn't hurt to do a good 'ol reboot of the iPhone either.