Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit doesn't support scaling on Windows 10

jqtafpuntirw

The app looks very blurry when scaling is enabled on Windows 10. I use the newest version downloaded just today from Line6.

I use 4k monitor in my home studio with scaling ("only" 175% where Windows suggests 300%) and HX Edit thing burns eyes. TBH all DAWs and audio software I've used so far had no problems with this and this is sad exception. :(

What's your plan on fixing this? No support for 4k in 2020 by a modern digital company is not what I expected.

If you're really interested in an answer to this question, I'd post it over on TGP in the Digital and Modeling forum. Some of the L6 technical folks actually hang out over there to answer these kinds of questions. They RARELY come by this forum.

Oh, and you might want to not be so combative in your wording.  Honey and flies and all that. Just sayin'.

21 hours ago, jqtafpuntirw said:

What's your plan on fixing this? No support for 4k in 2020 by a modern digital company is not what I expected.

Hi,

I don’t know about your particular situation, but it works fine on an iMac 27” 5k Retina.

Also, you have posted in the wrong place if you expect a reply from a Line 6 staff member. See the second down black banner at the top of this page “Why is Line 6 not responding???”.

Best thing is to follow the advice given by “rd2rk” in the post above, but an attitude readjustment may be required, if you expect to get assistance over on TGP.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 7 months later...
7 hours ago, Mighty_JB said:

Here's what worked for me:

Find actual executable file.
Right click and choose Properties.
Select the Compatibility tab.
Click on Change high DPI settings.
Check 'High DPI scaling override'.
Application.
OK.

Hi,

Thanks for that information - it may be useful for other users, but unfortunately, it looks like the OP just made the one post and vanished in December of last year.

TYVM.