Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I output my Helix into a stereo receiver?

DugT

For bedroom playing, will the Helix output work with the input of a good full size Yamaha stereo receiver? I would only play at lower volumes and only a few times a year. I don't want to take my frfr back and forth to my other house.

1 minute ago, DugT said:

For bedroom playing, will the Helix output work with the input of a good full size Yamaha stereo receiver? I would only play at lower volumes and only a few times a year. I don't want to take my frfr back and forth to my other house.

Hi,

Possibly you would be better off using some good quality headphones that would give you better results - tools to do the job.

Lots of options at various price points - discussed many times on this and other forums - do a search.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

As long as it's a Line Input, a normal dual 1/4" to dual RCA will be fine. Also, the regular 1/4" Outputs (set to LINE) will probably work best. There is no mic output, you probably meant Headphone, which may also work, but if you already have a TS to RCA cable, no need to buy an Insert Cable.

3 hours ago, rd2rk said:

As long as it's a Line Input, a normal dual 1/4" to dual RCA will be fine. Also, the regular 1/4" Outputs (set to LINE) will probably work best. There is no mic output, you probably meant Headphone, which may also work, but if you already have a TS to RCA cable, no need to buy an Insert Cable.

Thank you. Yes, I did mean headphone output. 

I was going to use one TRS cable and output from the headphone because that seemed like the simplist way to play in stereo but now I see that the Headphone output cannot be set to line. I will get two TS to RCA cables as you suggested.