Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

4 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

Yes... and don't leave them empty, otherwise the electricity leaks out.

That's why they add that "smoke" color to the electricity, so you'll know if you have a leak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, moonshine2015 said:

Does anyone know if Helix Rack is still in production today in 2020? 

OK, wise-assery aside, the answer is YES, although I'm not sure if the factory is open TODAY......

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rd2rk said:

OK, wise-assery aside, the answer is YES, although I'm not sure if the factory is open TODAY......

to fine tune that remark i made basically where im at is...Maybe the boys at the factory in China...2015...have seen some of the dodgy soldering on the odd one...and if they are still being produced, MEANS:- they possibly have sorted that little joystik...hic up...And ive learned a lesson from B Stock!!! I hate Gamblin Man!!

Id like to know if the factory is open actually...They have done a cool job on the machines...apart from the odd "fluke" which aint to bad really...as you dont really hear much more users with this prob..

11 hours ago, SaschaFranck said:

Why would it not be? At least it's still available over here at all the usual places.

Yea of course its selling over there...Question was ...do they make them today...remeber it manufacturing year was 2015...not 2020

Maybe they have resolved some of the older issues...if you get my drift !

2 hours ago, moonshine2015 said:

to fine tune that remark i made basically where im at is...Maybe the boys at the factory in China...2015...have seen some of the dodgy soldering on the odd one...and if they are still being produced, MEANS:- they possibly have sorted that little joystik...hic up...And ive learned a lesson from B Stock!!! I hate Gamblin Man!!

Id like to know if the factory is open actually...They have done a cool job on the machines...apart from the odd "fluke" which aint to bad really...as you dont really hear much more users with this prob..

moonshine,

This thing about, are they still being manufactured, or have they been sitting in a warehouse for a few years, is borderline insanity, and a complete waste of everyone’s time all across this forum.

It makes no difference whatsoever, when it was made.

What does matter is the day you register the unit with Line 6, then your warranty commences. From that point on, if anything fails while inside the guarantee period it will be repaired or replaced. 

Essentially you are worrying about nothing. 

Life is a series of “what ifs” - just get on with it, because everything craps out eventually.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, datacommando said:

moonshine,

This thing about, are they still being manufactured, or have they been sitting in a warehouse for a few years, is borderline insanity, and a complete waste of everyone’s time all across this forum.

It makes no difference whatsoever, when it was made.

What does matter is the day you register the unit with Line 6, then your warranty commences. From that point on, if anything fails while inside the guarantee period it will be repaired or replaced. 

Essentially you are worrying about nothing. 

Life is a series of “what ifs” - just get on with it, because everything craps out eventually.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Not sure u actually get where im coming from TBH...I know my unit is covered by warranty etc..

Thats not the point im trying to squeeze thru u guy to see if you actually get the POINT...u don't, ....Im simply wanting to know if and when i purchase a (BRAND NEW UNIT)  as the B Stock one had issues.. How does a buyer like myself actually know when IT was made/ munufactred approximately ( DO I GET A 2015 model or 2020 model) And this should clear up any issues u have... about manufature etc...Im the buyer . Not yourself....

(Lastly )And to also cover your last comment (above here)-  "Essentially you are worrying about nothing" Ive only used my Helix 3 hours and its broken...and it cost £1000 uk pounds.

and im the one who is worrying?? 

Edited by moonshine2015
wrong spelling on IT was made

22 minutes ago, moonshine2015 said:

Not sure u actually get where im coming from TBH.

No, I don’t, and you seem to fail to understand what I am telling you.

The date of manufacture is totally irrelevant. 

Once registered it is covered for repair or replacement.

As you mention UK prices I will give an example in British terms. You could go to buy a “brand new” car that has been manufactured and shipped into a warehouse for a year, then moved to a dealership showroom for another 6 months and when you see it and decide to purchase it, it gets registered and  plated for that year. So you could have a vehicle registered as 2020, but in reality it’s 2018.

Reality check! That’s the way thing are in the real world.

That’s it - I’m done!

3 hours ago, moonshine2015 said:

How does a buyer like myself actually know when IT was made/ munufactred approximately ( DO I GET A 2015 model or 2020 model)

That's easy... for most things you'll ever buy, you don't. It's not a Gibson with a date-coded serial number, for which there's an easily decipherable formula that the whole world knows. Line 6 can probably figure it out for a given unit, but that doesn't mean you can, nor does it mean that they'd tell you if asked. For most stuff, even if there is a date of manufacture baked in there, it's far from a guarantee that such info is publicly available.

5 hours ago, moonshine2015 said:

How does a buyer like myself actually know when IT was made/ munufactred approximately ( DO I GET A 2015 model or 2020 model)

Here's how you can know for sure:

1. Buy all of the Helix Rack units everywhere you can find them, until they are completely out of stock, forcing Line6 to manufacture more
  2. Wait until they come back into stock
  3. Buy 1 more. That one will have been manufactured in the time between step 1 and now

1 hour ago, moonshine2015 said:

So called Moderator? You could have fooled me.lol

u guys just don’t get it...

Well, it appears that you are very easy to fool.

Where did you see “Moderator” mentioned?

The point is - we do “get it” and you  seem to be the only one that doesn’t.

You have constantly cross posted throughout the forum, going over, and over, the same thing, rather like a petulant child screaming me, me, me!

Ye gods, you even go to the point of naming this thread “Moonshine2015”

Mmm... 2015 - maybe that was your incept date because your behaviour is similar a 5 year old.

Better check the MTBF for every thing you purchase.

I think u must be the only one on the Line 6 forums left..no wonder it's empty, having to listen to you rant at Evey comment.

Well here's hoping the later models have moved on on the manufacturing stage with the " flaky soldering" as u call it . U should NOT be allowed on these forums, your like a praying mantis..

I now know where NOT to ask for any advice, it's quite obvious now you know nothing.

Have a nice day. I'll look for a more humane forum. God help Line 6...

I think u must be the only one on the Line 6 forums left..no wonder it's empty, having to listen to you rant at Evey comment.

Well here's hoping the later models have moved on on the manufacturing stage with the " flaky soldering" as u call it . U should NOT be allowed on these forums, your like a praying mantis..

I now know where NOT to ask for any advice, it's quite obvious now you know nothing.

Have a nice day. I'll look for a more humane forum. God help Line 6...

You are simply proving that the moonshine is not too bright.

I love it, you shoot yourself in the foot and then blame the bystanders.

I would say that you couldn’t make this stuff up - but you have managed it really easily.

All anyone in here has done is try to put you straight about your misconceptions.

Plus if you’re looking for somewhere more humane you could try TGP, where they might put you out of your misery.

Have a nice life

So called Moderator? You could have fooled me.lol

u guys just don’t get it...

Even the seller doesnt have such information (year of assembly), nor the local distributor. You are indeed overthinking stuff you can't control in any way. There is still the chance you get a rack assembled in 2015, today in 2020, especially if you are in Europe like me, where the distribution has a bit of bottleneck with stocks.

IIRC, you are waiting for a brand new unit; just sit, smile, and wait for it. Im sure you'll get plenty of fun as soon as it arrives. Just let it go. :)

All this no sense answers for everyone ain’t sinking, I’m simply hoping with a new model let’s say 2020 may have improved jut slightly and possibly hopefully these silly little issues like the manual joystick controlled could have been simple rectified slightly different due to issues like had with my NEW B stock ( lasted 3 hours) now it’s sent back for a NEW model.

im only hoping these was an updated version , hence my serial number and date of manufacture to hopefully fix these flukes that happen

been with Line 6 longer than anyone possibly who is doing all the ranting and making me sound pathetic, but it’s basically himself that’s needing questioning , simply by his manner to the public in the way he DE - Means folks as tho he is some kinda of sherif or maybe he thinks he owns line 6...as that’s they he is coming across.

PS I just loved the Helix Rack and yea, here’s hoping it arrives soon, I’ll possibly purchase the floor controller and a variax soon...

PPS I hope commando boy doesn’t keep answering my very tuned questions , he actually doesn’t understand ....maybe the penny will from now that I’ve found some head space to finish what I’ve been trying to say...

13 minutes ago, moonshine2015 said:

All this no sense answers for everyone ain’t sinking, I’m simply hoping with a new model let’s say 2020 may have improved jut slightly and possibly hopefully these silly little issues like the manual joystick controlled could have been simple rectified slightly different due to issues like had with my NEW B stock ( lasted 3 hours) now it’s sent back for aNEW model.

im only hoping these was an updated version , hence my serial number and date of manufacture to hopefully fix these flukes that happem

been with Line 6 longer than anyone possibly who is doing all the ranting and making me sound pathetic, but it’s basically himself that’s needing questioning , simply by his manner to the public in the way he DE Means folks as tho he is some kinda off sherif or maybe he thinks he owns line 6...as that’s they he is coming across.

PS I just loved the Helix Rack and yea, here’s hoping it arrives soon, I’ll possibly purchase the floor controller and a variax soon...

PPS I hope commando boy doesn’t keep answering my very tuned questions , he actually doesn’t understand ....maybe the penny will from now that I’ve found some head space to finish what I’ve been trying to say...

There is NOTHING to rectify or improve in that field. IT IS NOT the joystick that fail. IS A COLD/BAD SOLDERING that breaks, because of joint fatigue that happens when you use the "joystick". That may happen in 2015 or in 2030, unless they do change the front panel design. Would I have preferred the typical four directional buttons instead that joypad? Yes I would have (I do hate that wonky joystick, 2015 or 2020), but it is what it is, and there is nothing you can do, or say, or believe, that it will affect the reality. Hence the looping overthinking.

When you send these units for repair, THEY DO NOT replace the joystick (unless you were using an hammer); they do just re-solder the wires with the potentiometer pins over there;

FCE76236-0FA3-4247-AAB7-96E85200AF34.thumb.jpeg.13601f50af5c170d3682209a3e41ccfc.jpeg

28 minutes ago, PierM said:

There is NOTHING to rectify or improve in that field. IT IS NOT the joystick that fail. IS A COLD/BAD SOLDERING that breaks, because of joint fatigue that happens when you use the "joystick".

That, and the "3-POUND" HAMMER technique used to move it around.

33 minutes ago, PierM said:

There is NOTHING to rectify or improve in that field. IT IS NOT the joystick that fail. IS A COLD/BAD SOLDERING that breaks, because of joint fatigue that happens when you use the "joystick". That may happen in 2015 or in 2030, unless they do change the front panel design. Would I have preferred the typical four directional buttons instead that joypad? Yes I would have (I do hate that wonky joystick, 2015 or 2020), but it is what it is, and there is nothing you can do, or say, or believe, that it will affect the reality. Hence the looping overthinking.

When you send these units for repair, THEY DO NOT replace the joystick (unless you were using an hammer); they do just re-solder the wires with the potentiometer pins over there;

FCE76236-0FA3-4247-AAB7-96E85200AF34.thumb.jpeg.13601f50af5c170d3682209a3e41ccfc.jpeg

Thanks Pier for highlighting these things...Yea totally understand this 100%  I’ve wires my own 56 chanel desk yrs ago....and quite a few broke yrs later...the use of the joystick must take lots of abuse being multi functional and talks to the software....maybe there is room for slight improvements in future updated models ...fingers crossed Line 6

thanks.

36 minutes ago, moonshine2015 said:

O.K. I realise that you are upset about the failed joystick with your B Stock Rack unit, so for the sake of sanity, I will say this final thing about when you get your NEW replacement rack unit.

When you take the nice new shiny metal box from the carton and plug in the power, check the firmware number, because that may give you an idea of how long it has been gathering dust on a warehouse shelf. The first thing you are going to want to do is update the firmware. I seriously doubt that it will be v3.01, v3.0, or even back to v.2.9 as they were all released in 2020. More likely to be earlier versions such as 2.81 or 2.80 which were 2019. Anything from 2.7 down to 2.5 are 2018, then 2.3 down to 2.12 are 2017. Prior to that 2.11 to 1.06.5 are from 2016. God forbid you get a low number, or you will be back crying that it is not new!

You will no doubt be back when you realise not having the Controller board was a mistake.

That’s it - done!