Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

3.01 Update

Hatman777

So Tony has stated ....The Helix 3.01 update addresses potential severely corrupted audio output. Due to this, we recommend updating your Helix family device as soon as possible.

In Which situations  Would this Cause  Corrupted audio ? 

I have not noticed anything 

Thanks All 

20 minutes ago, Hatman777 said:

In Which situations  Would this Cause  Corrupted audio ? 

I have not noticed anything

In situations you clearly don't have...;)

I dare say that the overwhelming majority of us haven't noticed anything either, otherwise this forum would be overflowing with whining about corrupted audio. This is like the dire warnings that accompany prescription drugs... you might experience constant bleeding from both eyes and demonic possession...or it'll just lower your blood pressure like it's supposed to. Don't borrow trouble...or just do the update, and then it doesn't matter either way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

This is like the warnings that come with prescription drugs... you might experience constant bleeding from both eyes and demonic possession.

Hahaha Yes true, but was still wondering in what Situation this may apply, like certain patch arrangements? or a combination of effects?  etc   

It's in the Download page;

Bug Fixes in 3.01

• In extremely rare cases with specific blocks in a specific order, audio could become severely corrupted–FIXED
  • In certain cases, the Delay > Glitch Delay can exhibit minor pops and clicks when placed on Path 2, regardless of where its Smoothing parameter is set (that is, not the good type of glitchiness)—FIXED
  • Many other minor fixes and improvements
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ruperthawkes said:

I’m running 3.00 but when I do check updates in Hx Edit it says there are none.   What stupid thing am I doing?

3.01 isn't an Edit software update. It is only a hardware/firmware update. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ruperthawkes said:

I’m running 3.00 but when I do check updates in Hx Edit it says there are none.   What stupid thing am I doing?

Are you running HX Edit 3.0?  If you have not tried this already just click on the icon with the version number at the bottom of the HX Edit screen. This will bring up a dialog box you can check for updates from. Worked for me.

3 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

In situations you clearly don't have...;)

I dare say that the overwhelming majority of us haven't noticed anything either, otherwise this forum would be overflowing with whining about corrupted audio. This is like the dire warnings that accompany prescription drugs... you might experience constant bleeding from both eyes and demonic possession...or it'll just lower your blood pressure like it's supposed to. Don't borrow trouble...or just do the update, and then it doesn't matter either way.

• Like 1