Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go - firmware 1.12 - sometimes booting with no sound or freezed

andredainez

Hey guys! I bought a Pod Go three months ago and loved the tones, but am a bit concerned about an issue:

Sometimes my Pod Go boots without sound, and in rare occasions it boots freezed (can't change presets or snapchots). If I turn it off and back on, it works normaly. It happens in the minority of the cases but, since I'm running it in the new firmware (that states that this issues were resolved) and use it as my main rig for live applications, without backups, it makes me concerned that it can happen on stage and don't normalize when rebooting.

It worries me, too, if it is a software issue or if it can be the case that I have a faulty hardware unit (dealer exchange period is about to end for me).

I openned a ticket a month and a half ago, and was told to reinstall the firmware (which I did and solved the problem for a month), but now the problem is back (I openned another support ticket, but since it's December, I don't think they will answer so soon (I openned it in Nov. 27 and still no answer)).

So I would like to know if any of you experienced the same problem with the Pod Go in the 1.12 firmware, if it's relatively common and if you guys think this could be something wrong with the hardware of my unit!

Thanks!

It happened to me prior to 1.12 (screen freeze on boot)....I have not seen it happen since installing this update. Booting with no sound is something I have never seen myself. I think you should consider exchanging it if you are still in the period to do so as that sounds like a defect unrelated to firmware from what I have experienced.

With the firmware 1.12 :

I faced once a freeze during the boot

- and several times no sound in the headphones (I use the POD Go more often via the headphones than via an amp)

And restarting the POD Go fixes the problem but I agree that this is not very reassuring. 

Thanks for the answer! Yes, it's really strange!

The dealer said it must be a software issue and, if I want to use the warranty, to send the Pod Go in their assistence.

I will try, first, to open a new support ticket, and I'll let you know how this turned out!

You could try calling them. If you are in the period where the dealer will exchange, then I think you should go ahead and exchange...If you go the warranty route, you will either have to find a service center or send it back to Line 6...Better to let the dealer deal with that if you have the option. Just to be clear, I have not seen a single lockup since updating to 1.12....I have never seen the boot up with no sound...I think your issue is hardware if you have updated to 1.12.

On 12/10/2020 at 11:23 PM, spaceatl said:

Just to be clear, I have not seen a single lockup since updating to 1.12....I have never seen the boot up with no sound...I think your issue is hardware if you have updated to 1.12.

A hardware issue would not be easily fixed with just a reboot...

As a former software engineer, I know from experience that some software bug can create issues only randomly.

I'm glad for you that you have no problem.

But I faced those problems and it seems others also (see the latest posts on the topic "New POD Go freezing up").

Maybe it's a hardware issue or maybe the software is not sufficiently robust to take into account some hardware behaviour.

Thanks for the answer, ElectroStrat! That was my same feeling - I had some intermittent issues with analog gear (tube amps and pedals) and it seemed more frequent and a had tendency to become more frequent (I don't have the knowledge about the differences in hardware behaving in digital products), but I tend to think it's a software issue, since it's so rare! The problema happened November, 27, and since them never happened again. Thanks for the posts indication, I will surely follow the thread! =) I am very insecure about sending my Pod to the dealer, since I think the problem won't happen in their hands, and they will not exchange it! And, since I live in Brazil and the dealer is far from my city, it will be a reaaaal hassle to send the Pod just to have it sent back to me! Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Hey guys! Just to give you an update: Line 6 helped me with my dealer and I was able to swap my unit for a new one. The new unit solved the issue!

This was very awesome of Line 6 support, since I live in Brazil and they really solved the situation with my dealer very quickly.

I hope that new update solved the issue for those who were experiencing the same issue!

Best regards!