Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native and FL Studio ....need help pls

paulmoranau

Hi All,

I was wondering if you may be able to help me pls ?

i have HN up and running and its loading etc - im going Guitar -> 2 input channel audio interface ...which connect to my PC (Windows 10) via USB - the A/I outputs to my monitors .... 

The tones im getting are not what i was hoping for ......its almost like im hearing 99% dry, clean signal from my guitar out of the monitors ...

The HN presets change etc in the signal path and i can hear an audible change in the hiss of gain etc etc ....but when playing, i just get a clean, dry signal out of the monitors ...

im opening a clean new basic template in FL Studio (DAW) and dragging HX onto the channel rack, selecting input 2 from my A/I (where its plugged in) ...and thats it ...

Am i doing something wrong ?? is there a guide on how to set up in FL Studio ...do i need to enable within my DAW some kind of direct monitoring etc to hear new presets in real time ?

thanks a lot for any help!!

Paul

4 hours ago, paulmoranau said:

Hi All,

I was wondering if you may be able to help me pls ?

i have HN up and running and its loading etc - im going Guitar -> 2 input channel audio interface ...which connect to my PC (Windows 10) via USB - the A/I outputs to my monitors .... 

The tones im getting are not what i was hoping for ......its almost like im hearing 99% dry, clean signal from my guitar out of the monitors ...

The HN presets change etc in the signal path and i can hear an audible change in the hiss of gain etc etc ....but when playing, i just get a clean, dry signal out of the monitors ...

im opening a clean new basic template in FL Studio (DAW) and dragging HX onto the channel rack, selecting input 2 from my A/I (where its plugged in) ...and thats it ...

Am i doing something wrong ?? is there a guide on how to set up in FL Studio ...do i need to enable within my DAW some kind of direct monitoring etc to hear new presets in real time ?

thanks a lot for any help!!

Paul

Hi Paul,

I don’t know anything about Fruity Loops, as I am Mac based and running Logic Pro X, but it would appear to me that you have an issue with the software monitoring and how it’s routed.

I suggest that you have a look at the manual for Fruity Loops, to see how you need to route the input from your audio interface to listen to the processed guitar signal from the plugin and not the direct “dry” guitar signal.

Hope this helps/makes sense.