Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Are the Amplifi line of amps dead?

xbrotherx

Line 6, please be honest with us. Are the Amplifi line of products dead? This includes the cloud-based user contributed sound libraries, software updates and firmware updates? Please let us know.

I continue to receive emails of Line 6 product and software updates and they are mostly in regards to the Helix line of products.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What a great amp. Plenty of volume packed in what I consider a small space. I love the effects you can use through the phone app. Would definitely buy Line 6 again. Fast service and excellent packing.

Sweetwater is so easy to deal with. My representative is Chris Nunley. He is an expert at his job and highly qualified. I like the fact that after your order is delivered, he calls to make sure everything is alright with the product. I have purchased 2 ukuleles and this amp

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As thousands of others, I own an Amplifi 150. The concept of an app controlled modeling amp is/was a great idea. If only Line 6 would have updated the firmware and apps to deal with constant bugs like bluetooth disconnect Amplifi would have been a great product.

Unfortunately, Line 6 DID WHAT THEY ALWAYS DO, ignore and SCREW all the customers.  After years of user complaints it was easier for Line 6 to walk away from what could have been a great product. After all, Line 6 had already made millions of dollars from their customers on a product that DOES NOT WORK and continued to sell. I thought there would be hope for Amplifi when Yamaha came into the picture, boy was I wrong.

• Upvote 1

On 12/10/2020 at 11:59 PM, HonestOpinion said:

Yep, pretty much abandonware as far as I can tell at this point. Much like the Stagesource M20d mixer(with the exception of one relatively recent bug/compatibility fix for the Logitech G Hub).  Shame about both of these products. They both had some nifty innovations.

that would be a shame. i own one and thought the concept was great and was hoping for further developement.

those Spark amps are being advertised all over the place and seem to be selling with a very similar concept to amplifi. So there seems to be a market for it.

3 hours ago, rpelliccia said:

that would be a shame. i own one and thought the concept was great and was hoping for further developement.

those Spark amps are being advertised all over the place and seem to be selling with a very similar concept to amplifi. So there seems to be a market for it.

Yep, I have a Spark and it is a great little practice amp. Just could not deal with the Amplifi's lousy Bluetooth connectivity. Would have preferred just to see the Amplifi continue to be developed and supported though.  Postive Grid appears to essentially have just copied the Amplifi concept and improved on it although the multiple speakers in the Amplifi and the software were a great foundation for Line6 to build from.  I guess they weren't selling enough to make it worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered a Spark before they went into production and waited for MONTHS for it to be delivered. It's similar in many respects to the Amplifi 30, in size, power and functionality. There are a couple of features in it that the Amplifi lacks. Like the Amplifi series, the Spark doesn't offer a line output, making connection to a mixing deck or external amplifier somewhat of a hack. It can be done, but not in an ideal way...

But, IMO, there is one glaring deficiency: Although there are now (mostly experimental, user-designed) 3rd party footswitches available, PG didn't account for this functionality in the original design. More significantly, there's no provision for bank switching, meaning that you're stuck with having the choice of 4 tones at your disposal with the footswitch. This makes the Amplifi far more versatile, although it requires the purchase of a Line 6 floorboard to avail yourself of the extra banks of tones.

The big advantage of the Spark, is that it's near the beginning of its life-cycle, and has far more chances of being improved and updated than the Amplifi series, which has been all-but-left-for-dead...

• 1 month later...

Unfortunatly ALL owners of any Amplifi were deliberately screwed by Line 6. Tens of thousands have been ripped of succesfully by Line 6 because they sell a product THAT HAS NEVER WORKED PROPERLY FROM THE START!  Since day one it has been clearly documented by MILLIONS that Amplifi 150 and all other Line 6 products have a MAJOR blue tooth conectivity problem with both the Android and IOS versions of the Amplifi app. Like me if you own any Line 6 product you have a usless paperweight. If you are thinking about purchasing an Amplifi YOU KNOW UP FRONT THAT IT WILL NEVER WORK! BEST ADVICE STAY AWAY FROM EVERYTHING LINE 6 AND DON'T LOOK BACK!