Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Are Snapshots the easiest & fastest way to A/B compare?

DugT

To A/B compare different settings within a preset is it best to use Snapshots? I tried using a A/B split but that wasn't fast or easy. I also tried saving as different Presets but that wasn't real convenient either. I suspect Snapshots are the best way but before I learn how to use Snapshots, I thought I would ask here. 

Thanks.

Depending on the complexity of what you want to compare it may be easier to use the Looper block at the beginning of the signal chain. Record a loop, start playback, put your guitar down and tweak to your heart’s content. This way you can compare changes one setting/block at a time and hear the results in real time.

But, yes... snapshot as are also a good way especially if you want to compare multiple changes at the same time and quickly flip back and forth between them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the good ideas

I tried the looper. The tone that I hear while I'm playing sounds a lot better to me than when I replay the loop. Is the looper telling the truth? I hope not.

I might stick with snapshots and also the return button.