Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Native presets help

liutart

14 hours ago, liutart said:

Can anyone help me to recall presets in Studio One? I cannot find how to use Program Change as Native is on an audio track wich has no Program Change in the automation 

Hi,

The best thing to do is consult the PreSonus Studio One documentation, as your question is more related to the functions of that product, rather than a general Helix Native issue. Unless someone on here, who is a regular user of Studio One, can chime in to assist? I’m a Logic Pro X user, although I do have an old demo version of Studio One 4, which I think I have only loaded a couple of times simply to check if HXN would  work as a plugin. Same with Reaper, Ableton Live etc, never really use them other than testing that they can load Native.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

19 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

The best thing to do is consult the PreSonus Studio One documentation, as your question is more related to the functions of that product, rather than a general Helix Native issue. Unless someone on here, who is a regular user of Studio One, can chime in to assist? I’m a Logic Pro X user, although I do have an old demo version of Studio One 4, which I think I have only loaded a couple of times simply to check if HXN would  work as a plugin. Same with Reaper, Ableton Live etc, never really use them other than testing that they can load Native.

I wrote a message to Presonus support and they told me to contact Line 6

23 hours ago, liutart said:

I wrote a message to Presonus support and they told me to contact Line 6

Hi again,

Well that was very helpful of them. Let me try to understand your issue with Native and Studio One. 

O.K. You have an audio track recorded in Studio One and have loaded HX Native as a plugin on that track. When you playback the track you want Native to swap from 1 preset to another. Example preset 1A to 1B?.

This sort of thing could be approached in many ways. You could split the original audio file at the point where you need the change occur. Then put one of the split sections on another track, and use another instance of Native on the second preset, so as one section finished the second one starts seamlessly using a different preset.

Other options would be to programme changes via MIDI and use those commands to trigger the changes. Also you could use the Snapshot features in Helix Native to make the changes inside the original audio track, but remember to add trails to any effects that may need them.

Hope this helps/make sense.

5 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi again,

Well that was very helpful of them. Let me try to understand your issue with Native and Studio One. 

O.K. You have an audio track recorded in Studio One and have loaded HX Native as a plugin on that track. When you playback the track you want Native to swap from 1 preset to another. Example preset 1A to 1B?.

This sort of thing could be approached in many ways. You could split the original audio file at the point where you need the change occur. Then put one of the split sections on another track, and use another instance of Native on the second preset, so as one section finished the second one starts seamlessly using a different preset.

Other options would be to programme changes via MIDI and use those commands to trigger the changes. Also you could use the Snapshot features in Helix Native to make the changes inside the original audio track, buy remember to add trails to any effects that may need them.

Hi,

many thanks for your attention. Unfortunately I cannot solve my problem because I read carefully the manual an found this:

"At this time, remote MIDI control of setlist and preset changes is supported only with the AU (Mac) and Pro Tools AAX (Mac and Windows) Helix Native plugin formats. It is not supported for the VST2 or VST3 Helix Native plugin formats on Mac or Windows."

I am using Windows.

I can't even use the method you suggested me, as I need to change from 35 presets within a single Studio One project.

Thank you anyway for your support.

On 12/10/2020 at 4:36 PM, liutart said:

Can anyone help me to recall presets in Studio One? I cannot find how to use Program Change as Native is on an audio track wich has no Program Change in the automation 

Are you asking if you can change snapshots in studio one - you can - pain but you can on the fly I use line6 FBV3 to change them via midi

About halfway down Russ5254 posting explains how to use a FBV3 on how to make settings in FBV3 driver window

Dont remember how to do it in studio one at the moment because I just built new pc and have to go thru it again

That said its only adding one layer in studio one and assigning midi commands in that one layer for all of the snapshots also these FBV3's are not cheap

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rsvette12 said:

Are you asking if you can change snapshots in studio one - you can - pain but you can on the fly I use line6 FBV3 to change them via midi

19 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi again,

Other options would be to programme changes via MIDI and use those commands to trigger the changes. Also you could use the Snapshot features in Helix Native to make the changes inside the original audio track, buy remember to add trails to any effects that may need them.

Snapshots and all the other setting, like Control Change, Switches, Knoks etc., works fine in Windows, but Presets are not supported now.

2 hours ago, liutart said:

but Presets are not supported now.

Hi again,

If that is the situation then my first idea would work.

Simply duplicate the tracks which need to change presets. Then spit the tracks where the change has to occur and delete the bits that are not needed.

Example: If there is a change at bar 32 and it returns to the original preset at bar 64, split the audio file at those 2 points. Then move the split section (32 to 64) onto another track and apply another instance of HX Native with the alternative preset sound.

It’s a less automated approach, but as the first section ends, any reverb trails will carry over when the second section kicks in. Repeat this for any/all tracks that needs patch changes. Switching between presets on the fly within a single instance of Native would require that your reverb/delay trails are engaged, but ultimately it is not as flexible as this “old school” technique of keeping things separate. You might require a Helix hardware unit to do this type of preset switching when playing live, but when recording it needs a different “mind set”. There is much more control working on individual parts in a mix.

• Like 1