Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Te new "Diezel VH4" Amp Mods

Atomicsymphony

Is it just me, or do the new Diezel VH4 mods sound nothing at all like the actual amp? It's nowhere near aggressive or abrasive enough. Even with the aftermarket Diezel IR's, or countless others, it's not even close. The "Angle"/Engl is somewhat close. The low end isn't quite right, it's a bit too "round", but it's close. I was really exited about the addition of the Diezel mods, but was very let down. Am I the only one with this opinion? Not looking to complain or be argumentative, just curious. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Atomicsymphony said:

Is it just me, or do the new Diezel VH4 mods sound nothing at all like the actual amp? It's nowhere near aggressive or abrasive enough. Even with the aftermarket Diezel IR's, or countless others, it's not even close. The "Angle"/Engl is somewhat close. The low end isn't quite right, it's a bit too "round", but it's close. I was really exited about the addition of the Diezel mods, but was very let down. Am I the only one with this opinion? Not looking to complain or be argumentative, just curious. Thanks.

I REALLY wanted a real-world Diezel amp, but I bought a car instead. :-)

Sounds like another hi-gain amp to me. I can't tell 'em apart ITRW, so......I'll just have fun playing it, and let the tube-sniffers argue that stuff.

19 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

I'll just have fun playing it, and let the tube-sniffers argue that stuff.

I would think that you really needed to be a "tube sniffer" in order to program all those "ones & zeros" to sound like the amp, no?

43 minutes ago, spikey said:

I would think that you really needed to be a "tube sniffer" in order to program all those "ones & zeros" to sound like the amp, no?

I would think so.

By the same token, some people consider garlic an erotic scent....that's kind of my relationship with hi-gain amps - I like 'em when I'm in the mood, but too much makes them all sound the same - like what too much garlic does to food!

13 hours ago, Atomicsymphony said:

Unless you're used to listening to a  mic-ed Diezel (or anything else for that matter) monitored through some other output, you will be forever disappointed with anything a modeler has to offer. The "amp in the room" tone ain't happening...

I get what OP is saying.  Right out of the box it sounds a lot smoother in the mids than any of the other high gain models if you're flipping back and forth between them.  I find that the cab model/IR makes a huge difference and with the right one the diezel sounds massive and ballzy...but that goes for any amp model.  I dunno.  they all sound great, you just need to find the right IR for the right amp.

Like i usually use Orange IR's because that's what my real cab is, but they're a terrible pairing with the diezel.  So tried a few other IR's and boom, sounded great.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...