Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500 Effects Only Thru L6 Link Into A Dt50 Head & Dt25 Cab Sounds Great.

Brazzy

Been playing alot lately with just effects and leaving the amp sims off and really likeing the sound. If you've found yourself stuck just using amp models try switching up and just use the effects to get your tone. These devices never cease to amaze me. Anyone else?

Also, I been running my Ol X3Pro into the mic input on the HD500 and on into the DT50 rig and liking it also. It's like added DSP. Plus more models to play around with. Should mention the HD500 midi can control the X3Pro.

I am no midi guru but reading the manual I see you can set the POD to enable the reverb and all its parameters on the DT.  Seems to me that would be another good way to free up DSP as you can hand off all the heavy lifting to the DT for the reverb effects.  You can also set up your POD to change amp and cab models by midi too and free up DSP.  I guess you are using the channel B amp default?  The only problem is the knob settings don't change...

I am happy using the POD for all that but I might try the reverb idea...

Yep, channel B it is. I hear ya on the fixed DT knob settings but it sounds really good when set up to taste, gotta make sure the reverb is turned all the way down when using the models. I use the simple midi controls, they work good. I have to remember to hook up the FBV express pedal to X3pro and try some wild effects patches. I'm just really starting to complicate my rig with more controls, Hahahaaa.