Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Poly Sustain Momentary press to catch sample

mslovick

I love the new Poly Sustain effect and so kudos for adding the feature.   It would be better to create a momentary foot press action that latches the current sound.  The next time the footswitch is pressed it would latch the new sound and replace the old.   The way to turn off the effect would have to be a double press the footswitch - like double click on the mouse.

This seems like a new 'mode' for footswitch actions but may allow some cool interaction with the Poly Sustain effect.

• 2 months later...

You can do it, kind of.  Set the switch to momentary while the effect is on.  This way when you press down it fades the current and when to step off you capture a new sound.

I find it to be buggy however.

Sometimes if I do the press and release rather quickly there are some harsh artifacts, and sometimes it will get into a mode where it captures a note but then immediately pitch shifts it by like a half step and holds that.  I have modulation barely on.

Has anyone else seen this?  

---edit--- DUH!  I solved the pitch shift issue.  The interval knob is right next to the footswitch and sometimes it gets bumped  :)