Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dumble??

timrobrus

I know ‘Dumble’ can mean different thing to different people but I’m surprised there is no Dumble type amp in the POD Go.

The tone in my head is the late 70s/early 80s Robben Ford, David Lindley, Larry Carlton sounds - from pretty clean to mid-thick saturated overdrive with pick attack.

I’ve always been able to get something I’m happy with using my amp and pedals but, so far, I’ve not been able to create anything similar on the PG.

Anyone had any luck doing so?

I’ve not been able to get 

The L6 litigator was said to be quite similar to a Dumble:

Based on a heavily modded Fender and then hammered on and tweaked. It wouldn't be impossible to make in the physical world, but it might get a little messy. removing a lot of the noise and irregularities that people find unpleasant, but adding just enough of the wrong things so they enhance without being a distraction. It's like a vintage amp with movie magic color correction and hyped depth of field. Like a dirty Vintage Deluxe, dumble-esqe, very smooth, mid-gain, edge-of-breakup model. In the same general neighborhood as the Pete Anderson Deluxe model that was in the HD model packs, but with more gain on tap.

So not really familiar with the artist tones you're looking for, but I'm pretty sure the Litigator is what you want!   (always tone varies with guitar and all)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e-HZN-cuz4