Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshots not changing with one press of a foot switch

elphickkenny

Hi everyone, I'm loving 3.0 and creating lots of snapshots and embedded looper controls. But I've got a problem. On one new preset I found that one press on a foot switch did not change the snapshot. Instead, it seem to 'preselect'  and only change on the second press of that foot switch. Not the behaviour I want. And bizarrely,  on a different preset - and in stomp mode - the switching  works fine on a single press. The  I'm sure it's my error and I've somehow changed a setting but I can't fathom it. Look forward to getting your help. Thanks. 

Thanks rd2rk,  I'm using an HXFX  on 3.01.  The attached Free Fallin preset has the issue and the Peaceful Easy one does not. Both sets of snapshots were created on 3.0.   I've tried a backup / restore and a Global Settings reset. The issue is also with Line 6 Support. Any help appreciated. 

Free Fallin.hlx Peaceful Easy.hlx

I don't have HXFX, but I tried it (Free Fallin) in Native compatibility mode using my FCB1010. Worked as expected, all snapshots changed properly, immediately, in any series I tried.

I don't know of any settings that would cause snapshots in different presets to behave differently but, again, I don't have the hardware, so I can't check the Command Center settings.

I'd check with support.

I dont know if its related.....at all....lol, but since the 2.9 update where they implemented the Command Center options to rearrange button assignments I've noticed that snapshot changes for me sometimes dont trigger.  

If it was a single button that was having an issue I'd think just general button use, but its all 10 buttons.  It doesnt seem to happen when I'm in preset mode (as this is where I create my sounds), but as soon as I'm in preset/snap, snap, stomp mode....several (not all) snapshot changes will not 'take' and require a 2nd button press.  

I do not have it where it 'arms' the snapshot like the OP indicated (if I read right)....it just simply doesnt select the snapshot.  

Initially my thought was that something changed regarding the duplicate snap/button press timing.  I have it set to return to the previous snapshot on a duplicate press.  and if for some reason Im not pushing the button quick enough (not sure how after so many years I just dont push a button fast enough) its registering a 2nd push and then returning to the original snapshot....IDK.  

Just felt it was worth mentioning in here....  

Thanks themetallikid,  your issue does sound very similar to mine. I started experiencing this issue after my upgrade to 3.0 /3.01. And like you, I have no problems with foot switch changing in stomp only mode - only when using snapshots.  It's a shame, as it's holding me up from really taking full advantage of the great, 3.0+ functionality. Hopefully support will resolve soon. 

I have seen what @themetallikid mentions happen a couple times in my setup. I also have it set to return to the previous snapshot (by the way a function that I really like) and once in a while, very rarely, it seems as though it jumps back to the previous snapshot then right back to the one I was on. Not enough to cause concern for me but I definitely have seen it happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments. This issue has now been resolved with the help of line 6 support. By clearing all assignments - or more specifically, any that might result in two functions being assigned to the same foot switch - you can avoid this behaviour. I am now happily and easily building the  3.1 features into my presets without the above switching problem. Hope that helps anyone else facing this. 

From line 6 support.

It looks like this is caused by the double assignment of the footswitches when in Stomp mode (snapshot + stomp model). This should be avoided, please see page 43 of he HX Effects v.3.0 Owner's Manual:

"NOTE: Although Stomp mode switches can be assigned to multiple functions,
to avoid unintended behavior, we strongly recommend the HX Preset, HX
Snapshot, and HX Looper commands be assigned only to empty footswitches."It looks like this is caused by the double assignment of the footswitches when in Stomp mode (snapshot + stomp model). This should be avoided, please see page 43 of he HX Effects v.3.0 Owner's Manual:
https://line6.com/support/manuals/hxeffects

"

I get it, but I guess still dont get it.  So typically I've always had song specific presets, where in that song preset, I would go into Stomp Mode, and using the 10 button layout would create what I needed for the song.  I'd have the preset Up/Down buttons, and then I'd have 3-5 snapshots and potentially 1-2 Stomp buttons.  They would all only function as that programming though.  

Are they saying because I'm using Stomp Mode to trigger snapshots?  or are they referring to where I'd have button 7 be Snapshot 4, but in addition to that, I'd assign a phaser in the effects assignment screen to button 7 as well.?

yeah cause I dont do that specifically.  I only assign snapshots (this is within a preset only of course) and then have say button 8 for turning on a song specific phaser.  Next preset the phaser button might be empty if I have no special effects.  I use the stomp mode to really just create a customized template as some songs need 5 to 6 snaps and not always a stomp option.  

Curious....I dont notice it all the time, but its definately behaved different since the 2.9 update where stomp mode was opened up. or was that 2.8?

Think it was 2.9 but not sure. It definitely appears to be looper /snapshot multitask triggered. As I inadvertently re-introduced it on a couple of presets when I didn't follow my rebuild process carefully.  Otherwise all working a treat now and it's really making sophisticated change so easy mid song. I'm also driving different vocal fx on a Boss Ve-500.Great functionality. 

So last night while building Song specific presets again...I noticed the same behavior.  In stomp mode, I only had buttons 1/2 as the preset up/down. and the bottom 5 are usually dedicated for my snapshot selections and then buttons 3/4/5 are for Stomps if I need or additional snapshots but thats rare.  I went in and changed the setting that a 2nd snapshot press takes you back to the previous snapshot and it fixed my problem.

This sounds like what I was suggesting when 2.9 came out, when they implemented that feature, something must have changed or isnt being complimentative in regards to the timing between a regular button press (or rather the minimum time it takes for a double press to be registered) and the new feature i'm referring to where it reverts to the previous snapshot.  as an FYI I noticed the same behavior on the preset up/down buttons as well so its not just snapshot setting related.  When I'd go to the next preset, it would sometimes skip one, like I had pushed it twice.  

I've always been a softer button pusher/stomper, but even quicker type stomps result the same inconsistent behavior sometimes its a single press, sometimes it registers as a double press.  Either way, it seems to be tied in to that 'previous snapshot' parameter and resolved by shutting it off....

• 2 years later...