Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Delay creates a double delaysound

granzern

Hi,

Im new to the Pod Go, and tried to create my first patch the other day. When i added a delay effect (think it was the simple delay), the sound that came out was double. Maybe hard to explain, but it sounds like the trail echoed itself a couple of miliseconds after the normal delay trail. Like it was sending two signals, where the second one comes very short after the first. I did not do anything other than adding an amp, cab and delay. Connected to a power-amp. Tested both amp out and mono signal out.

Is it maybe something i have not set up correctly, using wrong settings in the delay, etc etc.?

If you need any video or pictures, let me know and i'll fix that after work.

Thx in advance for any help.

What you’re most likely hearing is the secondary delay controlled by the Scale parameter. The Scale parameter creates a secondary delay at any value less than 100. The number represents the time relative to the main delay time. So if you have 400ms as the delay time and the Scale parameter at 75, the secondary delay would be at 300ms. Or in note values, if you have the delay time set to 1/4 notes, having the Scale at 75 would give you dotted eighth notes.

This can be useful if you want to have these sort of dual delays. If you don’t want them, just turn the Scale parameter to 100.