Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Looper

roundeight

Hello.

Does anyone know if it is possible to place the Helix looper after the various Rigs, presets and configurations, as if it were an external looper placed on the global outputs? It would be great to keep the looping phrases recorded with a certain preset, keep them and implement them by switching from one preset to another. If I remember correctly, with the line6 500 hd it was possible

19 ore fa, PierM ha detto:

No, non puoi (ancora). Viene dall'ultimo firmware;

IMPORTANTE!  Sfortunatamente, la registrazione o la riproduzione del Looper al  momento non passerà  da un preset all'altro.

Grazie, ho anche verificato che non è possibile. Peccato, sarebbe stata una buona risorsa. Chissà se in un futuro firmware ....

I have tried all the ways but if I switch from one preset on which I have recorded a loop to another, even if I have inserted the looper in the same block, the moment in which the passage occurs, the loop stops playing. To have a looper that "overrides" the presets while remaining in operation, it should be placed on a possible global post location, as happens for example in the Rig 5 software.

25 minutes ago, roundeight said:

I have tried all the ways but if I switch from one preset on which I have recorded a loop to another, even if I have inserted the looper in the same block, the moment in which the passage occurs, the loop stops playing. To have a looper that "overrides" the presets while remaining in operation, it should be placed on a possible global post location, as happens for example in the Rig 5 software.

@malhavok is right. If you place the looper exactly on the same place in the two presets (like at the very end of the path, before the output block), the recording does spillover when you roll between them.

Just tried and it works.

• Upvote 1

On 12/20/2020 at 3:06 PM, PierM said:

No, non puoi (ancora). Viene dall'ultimo firmware;

IMPORTANTE! Sfortunatamente, la registrazione o la riproduzione del Looper al momento non passerà da un preset all'altro.   

12 hours ago, malhavok said:

Appena provato e posso confermare se si mette lo stesso blocco del crochet nella stessa posizione esatta in cui assolutamente  non  riporto nella prossima preimpostata.

Questo è su Helix 3.01.0

Maybe I explained myself wrong. The problem is not working inside the preset (or the Rig) but switching from one preset to another while keeping the loop in playback and working on it in subsequent presets. This Helix does not. At least my Helix firmware 3.0.1 does not, not even placing the looper last just before the output.

Just try this;

Start from a blank preset, and place a looper block at the end of the path, before the output.

Save the preset as it is, just with a looper block.

Now save again, in the next preset position, so that you have two identical presets, one after the other.

Go back to first one and record something on the looper. Play the loop. Switch to next preset while looper is playing. You will get the looper recording on the second preset as well. Go back and forth, the recording will stay there.

15 minutes ago, PierM said:

Prova questo;

Inizia da un preset vuoto e posiziona un blocco looper alla fine del percorso, prima dell'output.

Salva il preset così com'è, solo con un blocco looper.

Ora salva di nuovo, nella posizione di preset successiva, in modo da avere due preset identici, uno dopo l'altro.

Torna al primo e registra qualcosa sul looper. Riproduci il loop. Passa al preset successivo durante la riproduzione del looper. Otterrai la registrazione del looper anche sul secondo preset. Vai avanti e indietro, la registrazione rimarrà lì.

I did as you told me and it works! I am understanding that it is not enough to put the looper at the end of the Rig but the Rig must be exactly the same type. If preset N ° 1 has a linear Rig and preset N ° 2 has a Rig going to the line below (path 2a) the looper will not be maintained even if it is placed just before the output.

13 hours ago, malhavok said:

Just tried it and can confirm if you put the same looper block in the exact same location that it absolutely does carry over into the next preset.

This is on Helix 3.01.0

It doesn’t have to be in the exact same location. It just has to be on the same processor path. It does have to be the same type of looper block, though.

1 hour ago, roundeight said:

I did as you told me and it works! I am understanding that it is not enough to put the looper at the end of the Rig but the Rig must be exactly the same type. If preset N ° 1 has a linear Rig and preset N ° 2 has a Rig going to the line below (path 2a) the looper will not be maintained even if it is placed just before the output.

That's because MUST be on the same DSP (aka same path).

If you have preset A with looper on path 1 (DSP1), and preset B with looper on path 2 (DSP 2), it wont work...and, I'd say, for obvious reasons. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All

I'm about to buy a Helix LT and this looper functionality is really important to me so want to be 100% sure about this before I buy.  So to confirm what I think I've read above:

- I can set an amp sim (say a plexi) and get a rhythm track into the looper (looper as the last block on path 1)

- switch to another patch and play lead tracks over the rhythm with a different amp an different effects so long as it also has a looper on path 1

As I said I'm pretty sure this is what y'all are saying but I don't have one yet to try and this functionality is important to my purchase decision.

Thanks

Yes, I can tell you that by placing the looper at the end of a rig in a patch (A) and recording a phrase, you can switch to another patch (B) without losing the recording. As long as the next patch also has the looper positioned at the same point and in the same path (same line on the display). When you switch to patch B, you will continue to listen to the recording with the sounds of patch A as it should be and as it would happen with an external looper connected to the Helix outputs.