Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

amp changing on snapshots

PaulTBaker

Just wondering if this is a bug, expected behavior, or problem between the keyboard and the chair!  

My global settings for snapshot edit = Recall and snapshot Reselect = Reload.  I have snapshots set to change the reverb levels or delay settings. I want all the other settings to stay the same.  I keep it in stomp mode and use it like a pedal board. To change snapshots, I click bank up and bank down at the same time.  This lets me select a snapshot (to change reverb, delay settings, or whatever), then it automatically goes back to stomp mode.  I have the Snapshot Bypass unchecked for all blocks except the reverbs and delays(things that change with snapshots) so the activated stomps don't change when I pick a snapshot.  All of this works great!

My problem is with the amp blocks.  For some presets (patches), I have a stomp set to change the volume and drive settings on the amp (clean to dirty).  A few days ago, I noticed that even with the snapshot bypass for the amp unchecked, changing snapshots changes the amp(drive,volume) settings to whatever they were the last time the snapshot was active.  It is like the drive/volume settings are being saved with the snapshot.  I thought unchecking the Snapshot Bypass on the amp was supposed to keep that from happening.   Other blocks behave the way they should, for example, I can have the vibe block activated, then change a snapshot to add reverb and the vibe block stays active, even if it was not active the last time I was on that snapshot.  An example of the problem is I can be playing a lead with the drive/volume block activated.  I want more delay, so I change to the heavy delay snapshot, however the drive/volume block changes based on the last time I was on that snapshot.

Clear as mud?   Does anyone know if that is the expected behavior?  It seems that assigning an amps parameter to a block makes it ignore the Snapshot Bypass setting.

All help is appreciated!

Snapshot Bypass pertains to the Bypass Status of a Block. It doesn't prevent parameter changes to the Block. Since you have the Snapshot Edit set to RECALL and Snapshot Reselect set to RELOAD, I suspect that's the problem. IIRC, Snapshot Reselect is used to re-load the Snapshot in it's saved configuration to discard multiple on-the-fly changes made while in the Snapshot. I'm not certain what the interaction would be in your case, but change Snapshot Edit to DISCARD and see if that fixes it.

"Snapshot Bypass pertains to the Bypass Status of a Block. It doesn't prevent parameter changes to the Block."  Thank you.  That makes sense.  I have the snapshot global settings set that way so I don't have to save each snapshot before changing to the next. I guess I could change it to discard when playing live.  Thank you for the suggestion.  I'll play with that and see what happens!