Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V remote version 2.00 NOT WORKING NEED HELP (windows 10)

Lomma99

My spider v remote has stopped working all of a sudden. It just wont open when I click it. Iv tried reinstalling and also have been relentlessly googling but I cant find anything hence why I'm posting here. If someone could please help me out here it would be much appreciated. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 5:18 AM, Lomma99 said:

My spider v remote has stopped working all of a sudden. It just wont open when I click it. Iv tried reinstalling and also have been relentlessly googling but I cant find anything hence why I'm posting here. If someone could please help me out here it would be much appreciated. Thank you

Hi, i got same problem here! I start the program but i cannot open!?

I've had a ticket open for this same problem for at least 7 months. It was working on 1.03 then I updated to 2.00 and all the problems started. This program is wasting space on my hard drive.

I've received no help from the folks at Line 6. 

• 1 month later...

I had installed Spider V Remote 2.00 on three Windows-10 PCs with no problems.  THEN I upgraded one of those three with a brand new (just got it in fact) Windows 10th-gen-i5 tower from Dell.  With that machine, every time I launch 2.00 I get the initial "Spider screen" for three seconds then it goes away -- and that's it.  I initially figured that I must have some weird firewall thing going on keeping Remote 2.00 from launching properly.  So I took down all of the firewall stuff, performed multiple remove/re-installs of Remote and still (very frustratingly) could not get it to work.  Then looking into these forums, there are others with the same issue that had installed down-rev version of Remote to make it work.  I tried that, and everything came to life.  So, I got Remote going on that new Dell tower now, but I have to run Remote 1.03 to do it (the most current version before the current 2.00).  I am at least grateful to have Remote working, but a little bummed out since I lose all of the new 2.00 functionality.  Hopefully Line 6 will fix this issue with a 2.01 release???

EDIT: I also removed/re-installed the Line 6 Spider Drivers 1.95 (current version) too as part of the above process, but that was no help either.  Maybe there is a a combination of Remote 2.00 with an older-rev Driver that would work?  That was the only thing I did not try.

I have the same problem.  Spider V Remote version 2.00 worked fine on my older Windows 10 machine.  I got a new PC and the Remote program would attempt to start for a couple of seconds and then terminate.

I worked with Line 6 support for quite a while on this problem.  They seemed to focus on Microsoft dot-Net Framework versions.  Had me try installing/uninstalling various versions.  In the end, nothing worked.  The Line 6 guy apologized and said they had no solution at this time.  (This was a couple of months ago)

Thankfully, Remote version 1.03 works fine.  Seems like the only solution is to uninstall version 2.00 and download/install version 1.03.

• 1 month later...