Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cannot rebuild my presets after 3.01 update

Johnnyhell666

Hey guys, 

Yesterday I tried installing the new HX update for my HX LT. Unfortunately while rebuilding the presets after the update, it all stopped at preset 433. I waited a whole hour before finally deciding to turn the whole thing off. After what I turn it on and cleared all presets, IRs and set it back to default settings (buttons 5+12 while turning it on) and restored my presets with the backup. Everything worked well, I managed to play the whole evening after that. 

This morning I tried to turn on my Helix and it started rebuilding my presets again (which I thought was odd) and as I feared, stopped at preset 433 again. I have just finished restoring my presets from backup again and now I am not sure of the right/safest course of actions. 

Thanks for the help, 

Jonathan 

It's probably going to continue trying to rebuild your presets every time you turn it on simply due to the fact the Helix is now on FW 3.01 and recognizes it needs to rebuild your restored presets from an earlier version.  My guess is that preset 433 is somehow corrupt, so I'd clear that preset and it will probably allow the rebuild to finish.

3 hours ago, silverhead said:

Don’t just edit the preset. Replace it with a copy of the factory New Preset. Export a copy of the preset first if you wish,  but it is likely corrupt and unuseable. Best to recreate it manually later once you’ve resolved this issue.

@silverhead

I have just done that, and it is still not working. Stuck at Preset 433

How are you calculating which preset(s) are the affected one(s)? There are 32x4 = 128 presets in a setlist. Hence preset #433 is the 49th preset in Setlist #4; probably preset 13A. Accounting for preset numbering maybe starting at 0 instead of 1 (as computers often do) I would remove presets 12D through 13B and try again.

15 hours ago, silverhead said:

How are you calculating which preset(s) are the affected one(s)? There are 32x4 = 128 presets in a setlist. Hence preset #433 is the 49th preset in Setlist #4; probably preset 13A. Accounting for preset numbering maybe starting at 0 instead of 1 (as computers often do) I would remove presets 12D through 13B and try again.

Yep, the counting starts indeed at 0 lol. Thanks for the help!