Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix to PC

Ov3rk1ll

I connected my helix to my PC and ti blue error the hell out of it as soon as I turned it on. I restarted the pc with it on and it did the same thing. I unplugged it and everything is fine. I'm an advance Gaming PC builder in Homestead city and my PC is in top shape so I am ruling it out. Has never BSOD in it's life.

This is my hardware:

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D Full-Tower ATX Case - Airflow Edition
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core, 64-Thread Unlocked (4.8GHz)
Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML360P SILVER EDITION
Asus Prime TRX40-PRO AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 3600Hz
XFX RX 5700 Xt Thicc III Ultra 8GB Boost Up to 2025MHz
Corsair HXi Series 80+ Platinum Certified
Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 1TB (OS & Programs)
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (Games)
HDD Seagate 1TB (Media Recording)
HDD Seagate 14TB (Storage)
Pioneer PIO-BDR-211UBK
Logitech G Pro Mechanical
Logitech G502 Hero
Logitech G430 Headsets
MSI 27” (2560 x 1440) Non-glare HDR Ready 165Hz 1ms 16:9 AMD FreeSync

Please guys you have to fix this

Believe it or not, not everybody knows everything about everything. Or plays video games.

Logitech also makes hardware including some kind of hub, though not a standard USB hub.

In fact, I have a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse, and have lived with them for many years without knowledge of or need for that SW.

And you might be surprised (or not) how many people use Helix without RTM and wonder why they have problems plugged into a physical hub.

Anyhow, glad you got it working, and Merry Christmas!

I somewhat foolishly updated to MacOS Big Sur after checking at focusrite.com that my old Saffire Pro 40 FireWire audio interfaces would work with Big Sur. I updated, and sure enough, they didn't work. I ended up spending a lot of time and finally purchased a Clarett 8Pre USB so I could move away from FireWire. 

But a few days ago, I decided to give it another try. What I found is that my computer, which has gone through many OS updates over the years, had accumulated a bunch of old kernel extensions for applications and hardware that I hadn't used in years. I cleaned up these kernel extensions, rebooted and up came the Saffire Pro 40. It works great in Big Sur.

That was an expensive lesson. Sometimes its a good idea to start over with a computer upgrade, and re-install your apps from scratch in order to clean up old junk. But I don't mind the studio upgrade of the Clarett 8Pre. All's well that ends well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amsdenj said:

Sometimes its a good idea to start over with a computer upgrade, and re-install your apps from scratch in order to clean up old junk. But I don't mind the studio upgrade of the Clarett 8Pre. All's well that ends well.

Something us long-time Windows users are painfully aware of! Speaking of which, the ancient i5 laptop that I'm typing this on hasn't been rebuilt since Win10 came out.....I wonder if that has anything to do with why Amplitube 5 Standalone won't pass audio on THIS machine, but runs fine on my much newer i7.....or it could be the Saturn Jupiter conjunction......

Merry Christmas!

11 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Believe it or not, not everybody knows everything about everything. Or plays video games.

Logitech also makes hardware including some kind of hub, though not a standard USB hub.

In fact, I have a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse, and have lived with them for many years without knowledge of or need for that SW.

And you might be surprised (or not) how many people use Helix without RTM and wonder why they have problems plugged into a physical hub.

Anyhow, glad you got it working, and Merry Christmas!

yeah, that's why I was asking cause I had no idea what you were talking about. what you call hub I normally call it a USB Bay thats why. A hub to me or logitech is a place where you can have all the drivers and function of everything "logitech made" up to date and such. a software basically.

21 hours ago, amsdenj said:

Sometimes its a good idea to start over with a computer upgrade

Never upgrade a stable system that actually works. Install a new and largely unexplored OS like the Bug Su… er,  I mean BIG Sur – on an external drive or on a fast USB stick first, and experiment with it until you are sure that everything works the way you want.

For what it's worth, it took me 6 years until I was ready to upgrade from Mountain Lion to El Capitan last year, completely skipping Mavericks and Yosemite anyway, because I have finally found a driver hack for using my trusty old and fully functional M-Audio Firewire 410 from 2003 on El Capitan. (That hack should also work on Sierra, but there it's not "plug & play" anymore due to even harsher kext restrictions: you'd need to run shell scripts to load it each time you want to plug it in.)

And while I was at it, I have upgraded my MacBook Pro with a 2TB SSD drive, splitting it into 6 bootable partitions with Mountain Lion, El Capitan (the "mission critical" one), Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave & Catalina. Like this, I can test and run whatever I need, simply by rebooting the Mac from the desired partition. Add some unix symlink magic to it, and I can continue doing things I started to work on El Capitan right after rebooting on Catalina. As long as the apps and devices are compatible with Catalina, that is.

(Typing this while on the Catalina partition at the moment…)