Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi And Fbv Mkii Woes :-(

dysmantle

So i hooked up my FBV Shortboard MK II to my Amplifi and i figured lets see what it can do.

Well, Now my Shortboard only displays "FVB SB MK ii" on the lcd screen. I figured i would plug it back into my other spider iv amp. Same problem.

NO Lights on the board and no presets in the display.

i was able to update the FBV Firmware also and use it to change my presets however nothing is displayed in the LCD menu except FBV MK II.

The calibration software worked fine. I'm going to test the cable and or try another one soon. It's likely the cable.

Trying another cable would be a good idea.  if that doesn't work you could try hooking up your FBV MKII to your PC using a USB cable, and install line 6 monkey - and use that to install the latest version of software on your FBV.  even if it's already dot it - reinstalling the latest software will reset the FBV.

let us know how you get on, as it does sound like a cabling or hardware issue, as myself and others have had their FBV SB MKII working with an amplify and it should show the preset letter (A/B/C/D) and name of the preset on the FBV screen - and even updates the screen when you load a new preset name from the amplify app.

Cheers

Andy

Trying another cable would be a good idea.  if that doesn't work you could try hooking up your FBV MKII to your PC using a USB cable, and install line 6 monkey - and use that to install the latest version of software on your FBV.  even if it's already dot it - reinstalling the latest software will reset the FBV.

let us know how you get on, as it does sound like a cabling or hardware issue, as myself and others have had their FBV SB MKII working with an amplify and it should show the preset letter (A/B/C/D) and name of the preset on the FBV screen - and even updates the screen when you load a new preset name from the amplify app.

Cheers

Andy

I have already  "reflashed" the factory firmware "LATEST" back to the pedal with the exact same results. I've calibrated it etc, so it "HAS" to be the cable. I'll attempt using a new cable friday. I use the FLAT cat5 and cat6 cables as they don't snag or coil up. I use my line 6 gigging weekly and need a reliable cable. Flat cables are the way to go when gigging with the exception of how fragile they are. I get around 10 months out of a cable gigging and that seems adequate as they are around $8.00 a piece and tuck neatly out of the way. They also lay flat and are easy to route out of the way of any cymbal stands or cable snakes etc.

• 1 year later...