Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Helix floor unit to switch 2 amp channels simultaneously

mitch103

Hi, I have a few questions I hope some of you wouldn't mind answering!

If possible, id like to use my helix floor unit to switch channels on two amps simultaneously. Said amps are a prs mt-15, and a mesa boogie dual rectifier, with 2 channels and 3 channels respectively.

The prs mt-15 channel switching by itself I've already figured out using an instrument cable from the back of the mt-15 into the ext amp 1 slot on the helix and then setting the command center up accordingly via another post on this forum I found.

Now, I have the dual rectifier 3 channel solo head with a 7 pin midi out that normally would go to the switcher that came with the amp. I've already found out the other end of the cable doesn't plug into the helix because it appears to take a 5 pin midi cable. I found a 7 pin to 5 pin cable from Rocktron that I could buy. Will this solve that hiccup?

If it does, how do I set up the helix to cycle between the 3 channels on just that amp?

Finally, if I can get the above paragraph to work, is it possible to (with the press of 1 helix footswitch) switch the 2 channel mt-15 AND switch from channel 1 to 3 for example on the dual rectifier at the same time? If so, how?

I realize I'm probably asking someone to type out quite a bit of stuff but I would really appreciate it as I have 0 experience with midi or using the helix (before just now) to do anything other than amp & effects modeling. Thank you for reading!!

• 3 weeks later...