Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX stomp snapshot (double click problem)

skour13

Hello,

I have an HX stomp. When I use it in snapshot mode if I want to go snap1 from snap2 or 3 I have to double click the footswitch.

I get the same problem if I alter the footswitch assigned to snap1, tried factory settings, restart etc.

All 3 foot switched work normally when not in snapshot mode.

Also, when I hit the first snapshot there is an (E) appearing next to the preset name.

Regards

On 12/26/2020 at 9:25 AM, rd2rk said:

No such problem here, and can't imagine how to force it to do that. Contact support.

The "E" just means that the preset has been edited. If you SAVE it saves the changes and goes away.

Thanks for replying, I have contacted support. Im trying to figure it out at the moment.

Just so you know it happens in all the presets and only when going back to snap1. Meaning that from 1 to 2 , 2 to 3 and 1 to 3 is ok. Its only happening when going back to snap1.

Will post the solution, when supports comes back to me, should anyone else has this in the futute.

Thanks again.

16 hours ago, skour13 said:

it happens in all the presets and only when going back to snap1

It could be a faulty switch by some means.

On my new Stomp, the touch capacitor on FS1 wasn't working. After checking with Line 6 support, they figured that FS1 should be replaced on warranty. Which is what was done and now everything works as expected.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same issue. Would really appreciate anyone's help as to whether it's a global setting or maybe a defect. Seems like it should just been a setting that needs changing as it works perfectly fine any other time and even when I connect an external footswitch it does the same thing. 

Please help a noob like me! Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2020 at 2:25 PM, skour13 said:

Thanks for replying, I have contacted support. Im trying to figure it out at the moment.

Just so you know it happens in all the presets and only when going back to snap1. Meaning that from 1 to 2 , 2 to 3 and 1 to 3 is ok. Its only happening when going back to snap1.

Will post the solution, when supports comes back to me, should anyone else has this in the futute.

Thanks again.

Hi, have you figured out a solution to this? I however cannot switch back to snapshot 1 at all except if I exit snapshot mode. Thanks 

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2021 at 8:05 PM, cortexdrip36 said:

Hi, have you figured out a solution to this? I however cannot switch back to snapshot 1 at all except if I exit snapshot mode. Thanks 

Did anyone ever figure this out?  My Helix is doing the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I figured it out. I was having the same problem with my HX Fx. I use HX edit to do most of my programming. In command center, I set up buttons 1,4,5, and 6 as snapshots. It would not switch to the selected snapshot on the first push. The first push would change the display of the corresponding button to a snapshot edit screen. Second push would then select the snapshot. 

In command center, when configuring a button's command as "snapshot" you are given three settings:

"Behavior" (set to press/release) 

"Press" (set to your chosen snapshot #)

"Release" (This was set to none) I changed it to the chosen snapshot # and it worked.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 12:25 PM, skour13 said:

Thanks again.

Did support ever get back to you?

• 1 year later...

Hi, I had a similar issue. The creeperweed fix didi it for me, but that implied, that another function wasn't an option anymore. Another factory reset fixed it all the way, so that the double click issue didn't follow, even though I left Release to "none", as it should. 

On 4/17/2021 at 11:33 PM, creeperweed said:

I think I figured it out. I was having the same problem with my HX Fx. I use HX edit to do most of my programming. In command center, I set up buttons 1,4,5, and 6 as snapshots. It would not switch to the selected snapshot on the first push. The first push would change the display of the corresponding button to a snapshot edit screen. Second push would then select the snapshot. 

In command center, when configuring a button's command as "snapshot" you are given three settings:

"Behavior" (set to press/release) 

"Press" (set to your chosen snapshot #)

"Release" (This was set to none) I changed it to the chosen snapshot # and it worked.

Hope this helps.

• 11 months later...

The Problem: I wanted to change through the Snapshots - FS 5 to select the next Snapshot, FS 4 to select the prev one. Footswitch 4 was the troublemaker - I had to press it twice to select the prev Snapshot. The factory reset didn´t help btw. 

My solution: By touching the two foot switches 1 and 4 I changed the functions defined. After the swap FS 1 did what FS4 did and vice versa. After changing it back the problem was gone. Just try it, maybe it works. My suggestion - try to swap multiple times between different FS, if it doesn´t work immediately. 

Cheers and have a good 2024!