Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Helix Effects Owner #SOS

gouldy22

Hi Guys, Just starting out, predominantly play classic/80's rock and interested to know best/user friendly way of creating and editing patches.

Also need some help on channel switching. 

My current set-up is a 75w Boss Waza (x4 channel amp) and I will be using my MacBook to connect to the FX for updates etc. 

1. Will I be able to use the FX to channel switch over the four channels?

2. Can I use the HX FX to play via my computer eg like my old POD XT? If so how do I set that up?

2. Any recommended go to videos/tutorials to start me off?

3. I used to own a POD XT and uploaded tones from other users. Is there such a facility for the FX?

4. Any suggestions gratefully received - I feel out of my depth at the moment. 

Re #2, I think you mean can you use your hx effect as an interface from guitar to computer.  If so, the answer is "yes, but".  The "yes" part is simple, you plug your guitar into the HX, usb from the HX to computer, and your DAW should see the HX as an available input source (at least on Mac - on PC I'm not sure how this works, maybe a driver is needed?).  The "but" part of the answer is that, because you are using the HX Effects box, there is no amp/cabinet simulation, so you may not find the results fully satisfying.

The alternative, and the way I roll, is to use Helix Native in your computer, and just plug the guitar into any old interface like a focusrite or presonus or whatever.  As a registered HX owner, you get a very good deal on Helix Native ($99 if memory serves ) especially if you buy during one of Line6's sales (it was 30% off during Cyber Week).  You can easily share voices between your HX and Helix Native.

• Like 1

No you can not use the HX Effects as an interface.  Only with the actual Helix units can this be done.  You can however use the Waza amp as your interface and still integrate the HXFX with it as far as I know.   You may want to start reading the manual and check out this thread here:  

• Like 1