Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX STOMP STUCK AFTER FAILED UPDATE

lawong72

HELP!!

I tried to update to firmware 3.0 and the update failed for some reason.

I then made the mistake of removing the power plug from the HX Stomp.

Now when i restart the HX Stomp, it is frozen and can't work.

I also can't update the Firmware because the Line 6 Updated software doesn't recognise the machine, even when it's plugged in. 

I tried restarting the HX stomp by pressing the right page button, but i just get a blank screen.

Any other ideas to help? 

if you are using the Line 6 updater to do this, try downloading the latest version of HX Edit which is 3.0 and use that. See if it recognizess your unit in any way.  I believe you answered all of these but just to be thorough, are you using a USB hub? If so, don't. Have you tried any other USB inputs on your computer or any other computer. Do you have a Mac and if so, have you updated to the latest OS? If you have, Line 6 are having issues with it (they are not the only ones).

Here's some instructions on how to reset your unit. I would do a full on factory restore which requires restarting while holding two switches down, not just one as you did. Then see step 4. This is what you did.  It says you will see a blank screen which is what you experience. Where you go from that blank screen, i couldn't tell you. My guess would be, despite the blank screen, hook it up to your computer again and try HX Edit 3.0 first to see if it will be recognized.

HX Stomp

1.  All 3 Footswitches clears all presets/IRs

2.  FS1+2 resets presets and IRs

3.  FS 2+3 does a factory restore (globals, presets, IRs)

4.  Pressing and Holding down the "Page >" Button while powering up will put the HX Stomp into update mode. This update mode is helpful if the update is interrupted, and the HX Stomp will not boot properly. You will see a blank screen (no visual feedback on the display).

5While holding both the Upper and Lower Knobs, turn on HX Stomp. Wait for "Will rebuild Presets..." to appear and let go. - This will rebuild presets manually.

Being that you interupted the process by unplugging the power, you may need to send it into Line 6 to have them reset it somehow. This is a guess and something I know nothing about.

Hope this helps in some way. Not sure that it will.

check this thread out also.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

The exact same thing happened to me. And it's happening again. It's been updating for hours now and hasn't made progress. HX Edit and Updater were reading it at first but not anymore. I'm thinking about turning everything off and trying again but with a different USB port on my laptop. Any other ideas?

Edited by salazarben

1 hour ago, salazarben said:

I also can not download the newest version of Line 6 Updater. I don't know if that changes anything or not.

I would definitely try to get the latest version of the Updater. What is happening when you try to download it?  Are you logged in with your Line6 user account?

• 8 months later...