Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects - using Send 1/2

C4TH

Hi people,

I've recently added a Boss Sy-1 synth pedal to my setup, and I'm trying to send it out to a separate speaker.

I have my amp running in 4CM. I'm then using the HX send 1 > Boss input > Boss output > to PA speaker.

The problem I'm having is that I'm using the Send 1/2 on Path B, so I can add effects to the synth separately. But when I add a reverb, delay, etc, the reverb on Path B comes through my amps signal.

I've panned Path A hard left, and Path B hard right on the merge mixer, yet the effect on Path B still bleeds to the other path.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Yeah. No problem.

Path A -------- Y Split (Panned 100% Left) --------- Chorus --------- FX Loop (4CM) --------- Delay --------- Verb --------- Main L/R (Panned 100% Left) 

Path B -------- Y Split (Panned 100% Right) -------------------------------------------------------- Verb ------------ Send --------------- Send 1/2 (Panned 100% Right)

Path A is my guitar amp, Path B is for the Boss SY1.

I'm basically looking to be able to run both paths simultaneously, while being able to add effects to the synth independently.

Hope the photo comes out ok.

IMG_1589.tiff

21 hours ago, C4TH said:

Path A -------- Y Split (Panned 100% Left) --------- Chorus --------- FX Loop 2 (4CM) --------- Delay --------- Verb --------- Main L/R (Panned 100% Left) 

Path B -------- Y Split (Panned 100% Right) -------------------------------------------------------- Verb ------------ Send 1 --------------- Send 1/2 (Panned 100% Right)

For clarity.... I changed your paths in the quote to reflect the LOOP and SEND numbers. I came to this conclusion when looking at your attached image. Those numbers are critical to understanding where the problem is occurring. 

There are two problems with your setup....

1. With Path B panned 100% right on SEND 1/2.... you are actually sending that output to SEND 2 which is joining your LOOP 2 (4CM) in Path A. That's why the reverb is showing up at your amp. 
  2. Also in Path B, you have a redundant setup. If you are sending to SEND 1/2, you don't need to insert a SEND Block. 

To fix your setup as it is....

1. Remove the send block from Path B
  2. Pan PATH B output (SEND 1/2) 100% LEFT. This will send the Path B output to SEND 1.
    I know it may look strange to pan both setup of outputs to the LEFT but you need to remember.... you are using 2 separate sets of outputs :) 

There are many ways to route your setup that might (or might not) be easier. For sake of keeping things simple, I am just providing the fix for your current setup. 

• Upvote 2

Ah, that's perfect codamedia. Works perfectly. I was over looking the - "you are using 2 separate sets of outputs :)" - part.

You say that there maybe a better ways to set this up. If you have the time, do you have any suggestions? As what I'm currently doing is my first stab at trying to make this setup work.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, C4TH said:

You say that there maybe a better ways to set this up. If you have the time, do you have any suggestions? As what I'm currently doing is my first stab at trying to make this setup work.

Now that your problem is solved on your existing setup... here are a couple of suggestions... 

Another option to YOUR setup....

1. On Path B.... Leave SEND 1 in place, but turn the "Dry Thru" all the way down
  2. On Path B....set the output (Send 1/2) PAN to hard left....just in case any signal gets through the Send 1 block...

This is how I would do it....

1. Path A as you have it setup... however I would use LOOP 1 rather than LOOP 2
    (this is to keep Left = 1 and Right = 2 straight in my OCD mind - LOL)
  2. Path B set to use MAIN OUT L/R....
  3. I would insert SEND 2 on PATH B and turn the "Dry Thru" all the way down....
  4. Hook SEND 2 up to the Synth pedal
  5. For safety, I would then set PATH B output PAN to hard right. If any signal does get through the SEND - it lands in on an empty output. 
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...