Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT No audio output

stevecastel

My Helix Lt don' t send the the input guitar to the chain of all the  preset . I stopped the unit and when i restart no function at all.. i reinstall the 3.01 firmware e factory settings... turn up to the 2.90 firmware e update to the 3.01 again.I try the diagnostic of hardaware footswitches and all correct. What can i do?

Did your Helix work before? What has changed?

Does the tuner get a correct guitar signal?

Did you connect the guitar to the correct input jack (just asking)?

Did you try another guitar cable?

Is there no signal level indication on the output block? (Or in other terms: Are you sure that your monitor/listening setup is working correct?)

You said that you are connecting via Return 1 and 2?  What if you connect to "Guitar In"?  Do you get a signal then?  Honestly, I've never used the Returns on my LT but I'd assume that your preset would have to have a loop in it or the Returns would need to be put somewhere in the signal chain.  I'd assume if it was working before you have done this, but I figured I'd mention it.

I have changed guitar and cables and point of input (return 1 e 2) but no way... no input in tuner function too!

Firmware/Editor: Firmware 3.01; HX Edit 3.00
Factory reset and reinstalled the last firmware to Helix Lt and reinstalled Helix Editor

Also try using the 3 note generator to see if there is sound coming out and the sound comes out!

try to modifiy the input impedance (auto-z and other) cause seems to be a 0 ohm value causing a cc.. try to modify the value at the gate at the input cause seems to be to high to cross over.. but no way.

HI.. i have return to the 2.20 firmware and then global reset... the return 1 and 2 now goes on and the tuners too.. upgraded to the 3.01.0 e same issues to the guitar input... still in function return 1 e 2... what about the helix support? Nobody answer? What can i do to get an answer? I have open a ticket from the 30th december but no anwer till today.

19 hours ago, stevecastel said:

Nobody answer? What can i do to get an answer? I have open a ticket from the 30th december but no anwer till today.

Hi, Steve,

A problem with your Helix is never good, but the Christmas and New Year period is even less of a good time to have a problem. One word should explain it - Holidays!

There is a “blue sticky banner” at the top of these pages which explains “Delay in Support Request Responses”.

These pages are for Helix users, Line 6 staff do not visit here that often. If none of the other users can provide assistance with your issue, then the best thing to do is contact Line 6 Customer Support directly, but the caveat in the sticky, above, still applies.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Hi datacommando,

Line6 support answer me today, and I did it what they told me... unlucky cause the input guitar still no function even use different usb cable and pc .. any other try?

========= Message from YGG =========

Hello stevecastel. Your Line 6 Support Ticket was updated with the following message:

Hi,
please reinstall the firmware also with another USB cable and also another computer
normally not necessary but if all works on v2.20 please update to v2.71 from there, then to v3.01

after the firmware update please reset your Helix :

Helix LT
-(IMPORTANT : create a backup)
-Switch off your Helix LT
-press and hold footswitch FS9 and FS10 (the two lower middle ones under B and C)
-power on your Helix LT

https://line6.com/support/page/kb/effects-controllers/helix/helixrackltfxstomp-reset-procedures-and-troubleshooting-tricks-r768/

please try all ins&outs (Ins: Guitar, AUX, Return , Outs : Phones, 1/4, XLR, USB)
But if the reset and firmware reinstall don't help it looks like a hardware issue, please contact
your reseller or a Line6 service-center :
https://line6.com/find/service_center/

Best regards
Ampeg/Line 6 Support Europe

You can reply directly to this email and your response will be added to your ticket, as will an attachments you include. To view your ticket, click here: https://line6.com/account/tickets/edit/395580

If you do not reply to the ticket within 5 days, it will automatically be "closed". If it closes, you can open the ticket again by replying to it within 90 days.

- Line 6 Customer Service

56 minutes ago, stevecastel said:

Line6 support answer me today, and I did it what they told me... unlucky cause the input guitar still no function even use different usb cable and pc .. any other try?

Hello Steve

I know that you stated that going back to v2.20 makes everything work correctly, but did you then try the suggestion to update to v2.71 and see if it still works as it should. If it does then you can try to proceed by installing each update until you find where it fails.

I this doesn't fix things then the best option is to do what the Support team suggest and contact your reseller or Line 6 Service in your area.

Sorry that i cannot be anymore helpful than that.

Good luck.

57 minutes ago, stevecastel said:

Thank you Datacommando but the 2.20 firmware doesn't solve the problem of the guitar input

.. stil in this firmware the issues

This is either a simple user error that you cannot seem to get around (that's not meant to be rude.... it happens to all of us at times) or it is a malfunctioning unit. 

1. Do you know anyone that uses a Helix and doesn't have these sorts of problems? If so, get them to try the update procedures and troubleshoot the issue. 
  2. Find the nearest line 6 support depot and get it in for them to look at it. 

This forums can only get you so far.... and based on everything you have stated there is nothing left to suggest!

Thank you all.. the service tell me that probably an hardware issues and it is necessary to send the unit!

Unlucky with guarantee the ends in the 17/12/2020.. two weeks ago!!

Thank you all for the great kind of support and the patience!

Now i Know all the unit e the specification about the update e and the input/output options!!

Have a good time!!!

Updating in the future!!

13 minutes ago, stevecastel said:

Unlucky with guarantee the ends in the 17/12/2020.. two weeks ago!!

Plead your case... this is within tolerance for some suppliers, and out of the question for others. 

Line 6 itself is really good to deal with, but since you are in another country there will be a distributor involved and you might have to deal with them. 

Did you ever open a support Ticket on the Line 6 Support area... or just communicate with the "Europe" support? Distributor agreements are complex... but "sometimes" the head company can persuade (eg: work with) the other side to set things right. I live in Canada... and speak from experience on that matter :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,
The quote for the repair has just arrived ... they talk about replacing the I / O board at a cost of 217 euros with a time of 4/5 days. : huh:

Unfortunately I'm out of warranty so nothing.

But I found a post where Line6 talked about updating from 3.00 for possible audio problems D:

Attention Helix/HX/Native Owners! Update to 3.01 ASAP!
Line6Tony
By Line6Tony
12/04/2020

The Helix 3.01 firmware update addresses potential severely corrupted audio output. Due to this, we recommend updating your Helix family device as soon as possible. This issue may also be experienced on Helix Native, so please update to version 3.01 as soon as possible. Thank you.

32 minutes ago, stevecastel said:

But I found a post where Line6 talked about updating from 3.00 for possible audio problems D:

Hi Steve,

Yep - but if you check your posts from 1st and 3rd January 2021, you say that you did that without any change to the situation - no audio out. That v3.01 fix was entirely for what it stated - “severely corrupted audio output”, apparently so corrupted, your ears would bleed (slight exaggeration), but nasty, horrible corruption to the point where you would be happy not to be able to hear it.

Looks like you need a repair - sadly,  no way out of that one.

Good luck.

5 hours ago, stevecastel said:

My question is since the board of the I/O have an issue if could be a problem the firmware 3.0 that i used for a while.

Hi,

Mmm... I would doubt that, I have not yet encountered software actually damaging hardware, that would be very odd. Also, if that was a possibility, I think the Helix forums would be alive with complaints from people suffering the same problem as yours, but no, you appear to be alone with this.The only thing that I did find was someone complaining about the sound, which as we know, is something your unit doesn’t have.

Sorry that I cannot be more helpful with this.

Hi datacommando,

so what do you think about it? is it an hardware issue? It is easy  to get an input failure and i'm alone sure..

but i don't think that a input damaged can really cost 217 euro to change a full I/O board?

There is a buffer and sure the unit have 2 years and some months .. isn't a really old unit even if not guarantee.. i will like to know what about think the line6 support.

Have a good time!

• Like 1

Hello everyone .. the assistance center answered me and to clarify I need to update you to avoid misunderstandings ..

I'm afraid you have wrong information.
Freezing when upgrading to versions 3.1 and above is not a malfunction. Just do it correctly and following the instructions. In any case, when downloading an update, any liability of the manufacturer is excluded and is assumed personally. The "lock" is simply "unlockable" and does not cause any damage and has nothing to do with the warranty. Some old presets built with the first version 3.01 may have distorted output but just reset the instrument. That is, the instrument must not be repaired.
In any case, his is a hardware failure, i.e. the input stage is broken for random reasons or due to an electrical discharge at the input. The software has nothing to do with it has ever damaged an instrument ..

Greetings

3 hours ago, stevecastel said:

In any case, his is a hardware failure, i.e. the input stage is broken for random reasons or due to an electrical discharge at the input. The software has nothing to do with it has ever damaged an instrument ..

Hi Steve,

This is exactly what I was saying. I have never encountered a software update causing a hardware failure. 

As noted by tech support, the input seems to be malfunctioning and needs to be checked out, and or repaired by a technician. Your LT is full of electronic components and as such could last a lifetime or cease to work in an hour. It’s an unknown and can never be predicted. As an example, there is a lamp by the front door to my house, and the bulb in that is still working after 17 years. By comparison, the light by the back door seems to require replacing every couple of months.

Hope this helps/makes sense

Good luck.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 6:56 AM, datacommando said:

As an example, there is a lamp by the front door to my house, and the bulb in that is still working after 17 years. By comparison, the light by the back door seems to require replacing every couple of months.

Not trying to derail this thread but....17 Years? I thought I was doing good at 13 years... when my front door light finally called it quits!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, codamedia said:

Not trying to derail this thread but....17 Years? I though I was doing good at 13 years... when my front door light finally called it quits!

Dunno - must be some kinda magic, but, yes I moved into this place 17 years ago and that light bulb still works. Now I've said that it will probably die tomorrow. Oh, no!

• Haha 1