Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX STOMP - COSMOS ECHO - wrong delay time

Karpowicz

6 hours ago, Karpowicz said:

Hi 

I think I found a small bug

in cosmos echo when you set it to 1/8 triplet delay it sounds the same as 1/4 triplet delay.

cheers

Milo

Do you have multiple heads active?

3 hours ago, phil_m said:

Do you have multiple heads active?

No it is on all single head settings: 1 - - / - 2 - / - - 3

I just double checked - this is strange.

These settings:

1/4 triplet, 1/8 triplet, 1/16 triplet, 1/32 triplet and  1/64 triplet

they all sound the same here!

I just looked at this, and I know why this is happening... This happens because the minimum delay time for the Cosmos Echo model is 150ms. If select one of the note subdivisions that would set the delay time to a value less than 150ms, the Stomp will set the time to next highest value that's above 150ms. So if you are tapping a time, your repeats will still be in time. They'll just be a longer subdivision.

13 hours ago, phil_m said:

I just looked at this, and I know why this is happening... This happens because the minimum delay time for the Cosmos Echo model is 150ms. If select one of the note subdivisions that would set the delay time to a value less than 150ms, the Stomp will set the time to next highest value that's above 150ms. So if you are tapping a time, your repeats will still be in time. They'll just be a longer subdivision.

Ohhh it makes sense

Thank you phil_m!

cheers

• 2 years later...

Hey! So, in my HX Stomp, I have the Cosmos Echo in snapshot 2 in one preset, and off in snapshots 1 and 3. When I engage or disengage snapshot 2, it does this weird oscillation (not an infinite feedback loop, just the "whammy bar" sound you'd get if you moved the delay knob in the actual unit). It's really annoying for live use.

I'm thinking about putting it in a different path or leaving it always on, just turning the mix to 0% in snaps 1 and 3. Can anyone think of alternative solutions?  I have two active heads and use rather short delay times (1/16, about 130 ms).  Thanks in advance!