Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Broken looper MIDI OUT commands on Helix 3.0/3.01?

Ed_Saxman

Tested with my Helix Floor, HX Stomp and HX Effects.

None of them are sending Looper MIDI Out commands anymore after the 3.0/3.01 firmware.

Also... The label "Redo" no longer appears on the Helix Floor or HX Effects Scribble Strips.

On 1/2/2021 at 4:53 PM, zolko60 said:

Where was it documented? Is there any avialiable documentation what MIDI commands Helix is supposed to transmit, receive and filter?

It was certainly an undocumented feature, but it was great.

Luckily, the guys at Line 6 are actively working on all this, and maybe we MIDI fans will have great news in the upcoming Helix 3.1 firmware. 

So, life's good. Line 6 rocks!

• Upvote 1

Getting the MIDI output loop commands back will be great, but I have no words to describe what a better MIDI implementation will mean for us.

Don't quote me, but... Maybe something like... "The next firmware update promises to be a true milestone for us MIDI fans?".

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ed_Saxman said:

Getting the MIDI output loop commands back will be great, but I have no words to describe what a better MIDI implementation will mean for us.

Don't quote me, but... Maybe something like... "The next firmware update promises to be a true milestone for us MIDI fans?".

Im definitely a MIDI junkie, especially because I think it's still the best option for performers, so that you can automate/group/isolate alll commands and actions you need, from more devices, without have to tip tap all the time between controllers on the floor and racks....

If helix would assign a dedicated CC, or Note, and send Midi data for every single knob, button and footswitch, I'd be in heaven... :)