Jump to content

Pod Go arrived yesterday.


Vics53
 Share

Recommended Posts

Finally pulled the trigger on a Pod Go. It was delivered yesterday but I wasn't able to check it out until later in the evening. Spent about 2 hours going through the preset banks checking out the sounds and getting a general, basic idea of how things work. This is new territory for me but I can already I can see the benefits of this little unit. I plan on using the Pod Go at church and once set up it will be lightening up the load ten fold. No more lugging my amp, cab and pedal board around!

 

I'm going to take this slow and a step at a time. Found a very good video on You Tube that explains footswitch assignments, snapshot and patch creation using just the unit itself and not going through the editor. We all learn different and for me this will be a good way to get to know how the unit works. Once I learn that, then I'll start figuring out how the editor works. No sense overwhelming myself with too much from the start. Slow and steady wins the race!

 

Happy new year to all!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad to hear it’s already working out for you. You might want to look into the Export and Import features of HX Edit so that you will be able to back up your tone masterpieces as you create them!  No need to use it for anything else until you’re ready,  but backups are good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, silverhead said:

Glad to hear it’s already working out for you. You might want to look into the Export and Import features of HX Edit so that you will be able to back up your tone masterpieces as you create them!  No need to use it for anything else until you’re ready,  but backups are good.

I think you probably meant Pod Go Edit, rather than HX Edit. ;)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So far so good! At church I was using a Boss GT-1 through my amp it served me well. Not going to knock it. But I can tell the Pod Go is going to be SO much better! As said, just taking it slow right now getting comfortable with the unit itself. I'm not creating patches or snapshots at the moment, just going through all the various amps, cabs, effect and so forth seeing how they sound, how they work and moving them around in the chain to get the best sounds. I know I'll be spending a good few days just doing all I mentioned and taking notes of what I like for the future.

 

How about that! This old dog is learning some new tricks! Offhand my only concern is: once I get the sounds I like at home, how's it going to sound at church? I'll be using it directly into the PA. I guess I'll just cross that bridge when the time comes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2021 at 7:51 PM, Vics53 said:

So far so good! At church I was using a Boss GT-1 through my amp it served me well. Not going to knock it. But I can tell the Pod Go is going to be SO much better! As said, just taking it slow right now getting comfortable with the unit itself. I'm not creating patches or snapshots at the moment, just going through all the various amps, cabs, effect and so forth seeing how they sound, how they work and moving them around in the chain to get the best sounds. I know I'll be spending a good few days just doing all I mentioned and taking notes of what I like for the future.

 

How about that! This old dog is learning some new tricks! Offhand my only concern is: once I get the sounds I like at home, how's it going to sound at church? I'll be using it directly into the PA. I guess I'll just cross that bridge when the time comes.

I'm afraid that often what sounds great at home doesn't necessarily sound good through the PA in a band mix, and vice a versa. 

 

The only way to resolve that one I'm afraid is to back up your patches in Pod Go Edit and then tweak patches live and create a separate gig patch list of your live patches that you can export/import  via Pod Go Edit.  

 

You'll likely find that live patches will require reduction in effects and possibly gain levels, and upping mid frequencies to help punch through the mix. 're the latter, using the Global EQ might be useful to adjust the mid frequencies in all your patches without having to tweak each one. The global EQ is intended to help modify your tone globally to match different gigging environments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Voxman. I had a feeling the Global EQ would come into play once I take the unit to church for the first time. Fact is, I just spent a good portion of today creating 2 patches and found out how handy the Global EQ came in once I got the patches as good as I could. Haven't used the Editor at all. Everything I'm doing is right at the unit itself. As said before, I want to get a good understanding of it before I leap into the next step.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And now you have two good patches that you’ve ‘spent a good portion of today’ creating. Is it worth backing them up using POD Go Edit, or are you content with the possibility that you might lose them irretrievably? It’s a computer, after all - and they sometimes don’t start up properly at the most  unexpected times. Or you mistakenly overwrite files. Or.... pick your glitch....  -:)

 

It’s easy. Download and install POD Go Edit and use the Export feature on the two presets. The feature is under the File menu. Easy to find and a simple mouse click to activate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, I'm confused. When I turn my Pod Go on it says I have Firmware 1.120. I downloaded the Line 6 Updater. Went to the next step to get the latest for the Editor. This comes up:

 

Updating POD Go to 1.12

STEP 1—Installing POD Go Edit 1.11

If you already have POD Go Edit 1.11 installed, please skip to STEP 2

  1. Log onto line6.com, download, and install POD Go Edit 1.11:

 

STEP 2—Updating POD Go

  1. Connect POD Go to your Mac or PC via USB and turn it on.
  2. Launch POD Go Edit.
  3. Click the gear at the bottom of the window, then click "Check for Updates".
  4. Log into your Line 6 account. A dialog panel appears, reading "An update is available for your POD Go. Would you like to update now?"
  5. Click "Update now." POD Go Edit asks if you want to create a backup of your existing user presets. Click "OK" and then "Create Backup." Once the backup is completed, click "OK."
  6. Carefully read the End User License Agreement (haaa hahaha!) and click "OK."
  7. Click "Update." Once the update is complete, POD Go restarts automatically.
  8. Click "Back to POD Go Edit"

Hmm. Seeing how it says "Updating Pod Go to 1.12" (when I already have it) is a bit confusing. So I thought I'd forge forward.

I did step 1 (Connect Pod Go to your Mac or PC via USB and turn it on). No problem. For step 2 (Launch Pod Go Edit), I'm like

"okay, where's that?" Thought maybe a window would pop up prompting me to do the next next but nothing. If there's something that I'm supposed to do I admit I don't have a clue what that is. I've admitted right from the start I'm not a computer person and here's your proof!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you might be confusing Pod Go and Pod Go Edit. Don't reinstall Pod Go software or you'll lose your patches. Ignore step 2, do not connect USB yet and smply load down Pod Go Edit v1.11 to your computer...You do not need to connect your Pod Go yet ...So leave it switched off and unconnected ( v1.11 Pod Go Edit is the latest version ...v1.12 is Pod Go firmware latest version, so don't get confused, there is no v1.12 Pod Go Edit currently) and download  to your computer. Once installed on your computer,  read the Pod Go Edit manual and it will walk you through how to use it.  Connect Pod Go via USB to your computer, switch on Pod Go and once booted up, open Pod Go Edit. It should then display all your patches on the left, and the editing screen will be open. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you, Voxman! Because of your help I was able to download Pod Go Edit Version 1.11 into my computer. Went through all the steps and there's an icon for it on my desktop. As you also suggested, I went into Manuals and now have the Pod Go Edit manual on my desktop. I have a few other things I must get going on right now. Hopefully after reading the manual I can try the Pod Go into my laptop later tonight. If not tonight then tomorrow.

 

I truly appreciate your help!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2021 at 9:24 PM, Vics53 said:

Thank you, Voxman! Because of your help I was able to download Pod Go Edit Version 1.11 into my computer. Went through all the steps and there's an icon for it on my desktop. As you also suggested, I went into Manuals and now have the Pod Go Edit manual on my desktop. I have a few other things I must get going on right now. Hopefully after reading the manual I can try the Pod Go into my laptop later tonight. If not tonight then tomorrow.

 

I truly appreciate your help!!!

Pleasure, glad I was able to help.  Just send your cheque for £50 tech support c/o Voxman! LOL :aok:rotflmao:rockin

image.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...