Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

parameter knob #1 not working

jcwaldo

Hi...I noticed for the first time today that my #1 parameter knob (HX FX) will not let me change values.  It I press it it goes to learn mode, but it has no effect when just using it in rotary fashion. I don't think I changed anything; if I did it was by accident.  I updated to 3.01 back in December.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

14 hours ago, jcwaldo said:

Any ideas?

Hi Jeff,

You don’t mention if you tried, but a Factory Reset never goes amiss when weird stuff happens. Could be a simple glitch, try one of the reset options here to see if it clears. Suggest FS6+TAP.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

HX Effects

Button Combination

Description

Holding FS3 + MODE

Will clear all Presets and IRs

Holding FS4+FS5

Will reset Global Settings

Holding FS5+FS6

Will reset Presets only

Holding FS6+TAP

Will Perform factory restore (reset, Globals, IRs, and Presets)

Holding the right arrow ">"

Will put the unit in a fail safe update mode. Use this when the HX Effects is in an un-recoverable state

If a reset doesn’t fix it, then it could be a mechanical failure of the part, and you should raise a ticket with Customer Support.

17 minutes ago, jcwaldo said:

Thanks... I've now tried both global and factory reset. No change. The weird is that when I push the #1 knob it functions normally... Just not when I turn it.

Hi again, Jeff,

Now that appears to be a failure within the component rather than a firmware glitch, although I am not aware of this being a common problem.

I don’t know if your HXFX is still under warranty, but it will probably need an electronics engineer to check it out. Contact Line 6 Customer Support for more advice.

Good luck.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1/4/2021 at 10:17 PM, jcwaldo said:

Thanks... I've now tried both global and factory reset. No change. The weird is that when I push the #1 knob it functions normally... Just not when I turn it.

Did you ever resolve this? I have exactly the same issue and it's now spread to both parameter controls, the big knob, and the arrow buttons. 

On 4/22/2022 at 2:12 PM, 1gudo8frl said:

Did you ever resolve this?

Hi ,

As you can see from the time stamp on the post that you quoted, it is dated January 2021 - The OP, and two others, never replied to the suggestion that they should contact Line 6 Customer Support, or report back any solution for group users. Although from his "history" it would appear that "jcwaldo" last visited the forum on February 2nd 2022.

In your current situation, I would suggest the same thing, as the usual factory reset procedure seemed to fail to fix the issue. None of the Line 6 Staff monitor these forums, it's just a user group. You really do need Tech Support

Hope this helps/makes sense.