Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Big Sur Any update when we can update?

jcopeland1

I use HX Edit with Big Sur. It works fine as long as HX Edit retains the window focus. If it looses focus, HX Edit will disconnect after about 30 seconds. But clicking reconnect gets it right back without any loss or much delay. I haven't done any exhaustive testing, but I use it a lot and that's the only issue I've seen so far.

I'd be careful about disconnecting during updates. I've done it, but make sure HX Edit retains the window focus until the update is done. Not sure it would be a problem if it disconnected, but I didn't try it.

8 hours ago, pauljcassidy said:

Wondering which DAW you are using with Native. I can't get it to open in Logic. Perhaps it has more to do with it being an M1 chip MacBook

I am having no issues with Helix Native 3.01, and I am running Logic Pro on Big Sur (11.1), and I am on M1 MacBook Pro (2020)

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, miguelassaf said:

Almost 4 months is a long time to release a working version for a core OS in the marketplace. This is not acceptable for a company that has such a good quality product.

13 hours ago, Joepeggio said:

Agreed!!

Guys,

Complaining about this in here is no good, because we are simply other Line 6 product users - not staff who would have an answer.

The man who really is the person best placed to give you an answer to this dilemma posted a link to the new HX Edit 3.01

I suggest that you might have a better response by posing you questions about Big Sur to him in the link below.

Good luck

3 minutes ago, amsdenj said:

I can verify that HX Edit 3.01 did not fix the Big Sur connection timeout problem. However, if HX edit retains window focus, the timeout does not occur. So with limitations, its still useful and works for me.

I find the same, I can use it to create or change presets and other settings no problem. IF i switch focus....reconnect for me it works fine for now. 

5 hours ago, ozanoyunbozan said:

HX Native just do not work at all with my M1 Mac. UI is really slow and it may cause Logic Pro to crash. So i have to wait for an unforeseeable future update.

“It’s coming, but not today.” quote Digital Igloo (Eric Klein), 5th February 2021

23C35E64-1F4C-4E46-8E42-B22CC864E4CD.thumb.png.4f5e6f5b0942a223b9fc49b908988015.png

Hope this helps/makes sense.

31 minutes ago, ozanoyunbozan said:

I remembered when we were waiting for 3.0 to arrive. Hope this will come up in a shorter time.

I hope you have noticed how quiet it has become in here over the past couple of weeks since Frank shouted out for people to join the Beta test crew over on TGP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 5:34 PM, amsdenj said:

I use HX Edit with Big Sur. It works fine as long as HX Edit retains the window focus. If it looses focus, HX Edit will disconnect after about 30 seconds. But clicking reconnect gets it right back without any loss or much delay. I haven't done any exhaustive testing, but I use it a lot and that's the only issue I've seen so far.

I'd be careful about disconnecting during updates. I've done it, but make sure HX Edit retains the window focus until the update is done. Not sure it would be a problem if it disconnected, but I didn't try it.

This is the only issue I have encountered. I'm actually a new Helix user, and my MacBook Pro was already running Big Sur when I got the Helix. Without realizing there were supposed compatibility issues, I tried updating to the latest firmware via the software on Big Sur, but it ended up messing up my unit such that I had to do a factory reset just to get it to start up again properly (it's my friend's Helix while I wait for mine to arrive, so there were already presets on there he had saved fortunately). I instead updated on my Windows computer to 3.01 before plugging in back into my Mac. Everything works fine now apart from the HX Edit disconnect issue (just have to hit reconnect though).

Anybody who really knows (if anybody does know for sure) can’t say.  3.1 entered public beta just over a week ago, and a few weeks ago an insider on thegearpage said “soon, but not in February”.  I would guess the public beta would last 1-4 weeks depending on how it goes, then there may be some release work that Line6 needs to do once 3.1 is frozen.  Tomorrow is March 1.  So, I would guess that 3.1 could drop as soon as this week, more likely later in March.  I also assume that 3.1 will be Big Sur compatible, because it would be pretty crazy if it isn’t.  BUT that’s just my guess, and the only reason that I’m free to guess publicly is that I’m not an insider, not on the beta release, and therefore don’t really know.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, jhonnygreen3 said:

So, any news? I´ll have to sell my studio tone Ux2 and go to Apollo units? What a shame...

Not sure if you posted that "So, any news?" question in an attempt to be mildly amusing, or simply annoying, because you obviously didn't bother to read the release notes for the latest Firmware 3.11 and the earlier Flash Memory 3.10 along with HX Edit 3.10. You shouldn't need to ask.

Compatible OS: Mac OS X, Mac OS El Capitan, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina, macOS Big Sur

Strange first post.

What a shame...

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, ozanoyunbozan said:

This is their job, right?

Yes, but in your post saying - “I really wonder how hard would it be to take more than 6 months to adjust a plugin...” it gives the impression that you might have some insight as how to do this quicker.

How about complaining to Apple that their update broke just about every audio plug in available, not to mention all the other applications which suddenly ceased to work. Everybody has to fall in line with Apple’s decision to change - like it, or not. Yeah, right.

Anyhow, you might like to check the comment from “phil_m” in this linked thread - he’s Beta Tester for Line 6 Helix products.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Dear Line 6,

We would be honoured if you could even just acknowledge our anxiousnesses about this. Many of us here genuinely love your hardware and our patience has been, by far, exemplary. I hope you agree that it would be only fair if you could address this pebble in your shoe.

Many thanks, no diatribe.

A

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, riffenstein said:

Dear Line 6,

We would be honoured if you could even just acknowledge our anxiousnesses about this. Many of us here genuinely love your hardware and our patience has been, by far, exemplary. I hope you agree that it would be only fair if you could address this pebble in your shoe.

Many thanks, no diatribe.

A

What “pebble” are you referring to? The only thing related to Big Sur that’s yet to be dealt with in regards to to the Helix is full M1 compatibility with Native. Although, I’ve got to say with the last Native update, Native seems to working fine in Reaper on my M1 Mac Mini now. It seems that the issues I’ve seen people having with the M1 and Native seem to be mostly related to when they’re running it in Logic.