Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No sound.

Vics53

Downloaded Pod Go Edit the other day onto my laptop. (Thanks again Voxman!). Loaded without a hitch. Haven't had a chance until tonight to try it out. Connected the Pod Go via the USB cable into my laptop, plugged in my guitar and turned the unit on. Once it fired up I clicked on the the edit program icon (edit program came up fine) and I get no sound. Didn't see anything offhand in the user or edit manuals regarding this. Help!

Your speakers/monitors need to be connected to the POD Go. Are they? You won’t hear anything from the laptop’s internal speakers because the POD Go becomes your computer’s soundcard when connected via USB. Your internal mic and speakers are bypassed and all audio is sent to/from the PC through the POD Go.

I should probably elaborate on my earlier response for a more complete understanding....

In the case of using POD Go Edit your computer is actually not involved at all with any audio. The Edit program and the POD Go device exchange command and control data over USB - not audio. All audio continues to be produced by the POD Go device. Think of your computer running the Edit program as a remote controller providing a more useful user interface.

The fact that the POD Go device becomes your computer’s soundcard is important to understand when you want to play along with backing tracks or other audio that actually is being produced by your computer (YouTube, Spotify, etc.). That’s when the audio from the two devices (POD Go and computer) are mixed in the POD Go and monitored through the POD Go audio outputs.

Thanks for your understanding and for the additional info. I welcome all and any information that will help me. I've said it before, I'm 67 years old, retired and am eager to learn something new like this. Now that I can hear what I'm doing through my laptop I am loving the Pod Go edit. So much better getting a visual representation of the choices instead of guessing what they are.

Lots to learn and lots of homework to do. Pretty much just sticking to the basics right now, using my ears the best I can in creating patches. But in listening to my efforts I can hear things that aren't quite right. This is where I need a much better understanding with things like compression and the parametric EQ. Particularly the Global EQ Window as shown on page 31 of the Edit Manual. (I think that's the page!). That looks like a very handy tool to understand.

Thanks again for your help.

Global EQ is handy when you’re playing different venues. It can help adjust for the differences in the different room dynamics when you move from gig to gig, or from home to band practice location. However I would avoid using it for now; it really has no role to play if you’re always in the same location imho. It applies globally, meaning to all presets. You really don’t want to have to start tweaking it each time you change presets.

(P.S. I’m two years older than you. Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks?)

We're in the same ballpark age-wise! Sounds like I'm in good company! Thanks for the EQ tips. Yeah, I've mentioned before that the big test will be the first time I use it at church. I know I can tweak and try to perfect at home to my hearts content, but church will be the real test. I'm going to talk to our soundman this Sunday. Can't be certain but I think he periodically goes in throughout the week to take care of things. If so I'm going to ask him if we can meet one night to plug the Pod Go in the PA for a quick test with what patches have so far. Right now I have 3 that I'm fairly happy with. A Fender clean, a Vox semi dirty and a Marshall semi dirty. (Still working on a Matchless semi-dirty. That's a tough one). I've added a boost to all 4 of these also. I figure these are good starts to build snapshots with. We'll see how the test goes if I can meet up with him.