Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Record a phone call and mic at the same time?

TwoCrows

This may sound weird... but I am using the helix to alter my voice for prank calls and I am using my computer to make the phone call through a free website. I'm wondering: how can I record the phone call and my mic at the same time? I know to go to WASAPI and do loopback or whatever and while I can hear my voice and the other end of the phone call, Reaper only records the other end of the phone call....

In the same vain....

Also not working using WASAPI, I would like to be able to record a YouTube song while I sing over it... it only records the YouTube song. 

In Reaper, I'm only arming one track, fyi...

Any help is much appreciated!!

12 hours ago, phil_m said:

Your on your own with this one... 

Why?? I literally don't get why people are judging what I'm using it for. I'm sure if I said "I need help to record myself fumbling through a pentatonic scale and putting all my focus on the gear only because I'll never have actual talent" everybody would flood in with answers. 

On 1/9/2021 at 9:10 AM, TwoCrows said:

This may sound weird...

Yep, definitely weird...

Although if you were using Mac it would be easy - just use Audio Hijack Pro. It’s not available for Windows, but here are some options.

https://alternativeto.net/software/audio-hijack-pro/?platform=windows

I would like to be able to record a YouTube song while I sing over it...

Uh? All you need to do is record the song, and then sing over it later. That way you could record as many vocal overdubs as you want.

In Reaper, I'm only arming one track

Are you sure that you really know what you’re doing?

FYI. posting stuff like this in here is only going to attract ridicule, so why would you be surprised by these replies?

A little bit more than “weird”.

EDIT

You seem to have found a very awkward and expensive way to prank call people if you’re using a Helix to do this.

This childish nonsense is free if you bother to look.

https://www.voicemod.net/free-voice-changer-software/

Edited by datacommando
Added link

11 hours ago, TwoCrows said:

Why?? I literally don't get why people are judging what I'm using it for. I'm sure if I said "I need help to record myself fumbling through a pentatonic scale and putting all my focus on the gear only because I'll never have actual talent" everybody would flood in with answers. 

You don’t get why people are judging you for saying you want to record prank calls? No one likes getting unwanted phone calls, man... I don’t want to have a hand in helping you do something specifically meant to annoy other people.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, phil_m said:

You don’t get why people are judging you for saying you want to record prank calls? No one likes getting unwanted phone calls, man... I don’t want to have a hand in helping you do something specifically meant to annoy other people.

That he went straight to insulting my 92 year old Mother pretty much says all I need to know about him.

SOOOO looking forward to his future posts, bound to be a ton o' fun!

• Like 1