Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need HX Stomp Patch with 2 separate ins and outs for Acoustic Gtr

gerryCol

Hi I'm hoping somebody can help me. I have an acoustic guitar with 2 separate outputs one is the K&K pure mini pick up the other is the preamp on the guitar. I want to use 2 separate inputs on my HX Stomp that come out 2 separate outputs so I can put them into my mixing board and mix the left and right channels together however I see fit. I can't seem to do it. I have tried searching online and do follow the directions  but it either doesn't work or the channels are reversed and it's becoming a real headache trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone just have a preset they can send me that has 2 independent channels a left and right input so I can EQ and effect them independently. I have cables clearly labeled It shouldn't be so difficult but something is wrong. In split Y the channels come out reversed and in Split A/B when I pan A left and B Right nothing comes out the B side. So there is something wrong with how I have this setup. I am using stereo blocks on each side and no other blocks for now. Just two stereo EQ's, 1 on the left the other on the right.

Thanks for your help

Gerry C

I'm not at the Stomp at the moment, but I've set up a preset template in Helix Native that should basically do what you need:

2-ch mono.hlx

Using EQ and Gain blocks as placeholders, replace them with whatever blocks you need. Firmware/HX Edit v3 required.

Note that if you go one jack in and one jack out per channel, each channel signal will remain mono. While the outputs accept TRS jacks, that's for having a balanced signal, not a stereo signal on each jack. So there's no use for using stereo blocks whatsoever, unless you need a block that's avalable as stereo only.

If you want mono in & stereo out, you need to move the final mixer block to the stereo aux outputs in Stomp/HX Edit. Not sure how to simulate this in Helix Native.