Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Add a delay for preset switching when in snapshot mode to avoid accidental switching

Vidundret

This is primarily useful for the HX Stomp. So the way I'm using the Stomp is in snapshot mode, with presets being songs in a setlist. The snapshots typically add delay, a solo boost or something during each song. What happens though is sometimes I accidentally push for example FS2 and FS3 when I wanted snapshot 3. And then panic starts because maybe I then switched to a clean preset when my solo started.

So the solution would be to add an optional delay to preset switching in the settings, so I have to push FS2 and FS3 for 2-3 seconds before it activates. Anyone else think this would be a good addition?

6 hours ago, Vidundret said:

This is primarily useful for the HX Stomp. So the way I'm using the Stomp is in snapshot mode, with presets being songs in a setlist. The snapshots typically add delay, a solo boost or something during each song. What happens though is sometimes I accidentally push for example FS2 and FS3 when I wanted snapshot 3. And then panic starts because maybe I then switched to a clean preset when my solo started.

So the solution would be to add an optional delay to preset switching in the settings, so I have to push FS2 and FS3 for 2-3 seconds before it activates. Anyone else think this would be a good addition?

No. You couldn't pay me to use such a feature...a 2 to 3 second delay in switching between sounds is an eternity in a live situation. Hell, for years before snapshots came along we were all griping about the milliseconds of delay between preset changes and the audible dropout that came with it, and now you want to make the delay worse by orders of magnitude? Hard pass...

Depending on a song's tempo, you'd be in a constant state of trying to guess how many beats have to go by to cover your 2 or 3 seconds delay window... it would be disastrous. You'll never get it right, every change will end up being too early or too late,  and you'll only have succeeded in trading one problem for another. Switching between sounds needs to be instantaneous... you need it when you need it, not 3 seconds in the future.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vidundret said:

Anyone else think this would be a good addition?

Hardly likely, as pointed out by "cruisinon2", people couldn't cope with milliseconds of delay between presets, before snapshots. I would guess you're on your own with this idea.

I feel like I was misunderstood maybe? This would only be for the FS2+FS3 double push to bring up the preset bank up/down switching. And like I said, for those who only work this snapshots in mid-song, and the preset  switching in between songs where a 2 second delay really isn't a problem.

But like you all said, maybe I really am the only one who does this...