Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Vol Ped & Wah Ped Problem - Hd500

STINGRAY502

I am having problem adding a volume pedal and a wah pedal to my patch. In the HD500 edit software, on the controllers page I have the Volume Pedal set to EXP Toe switch....EXP-1....0%min and 10%max. I have the Vetta Wah set to  EXP Toe switch.....EXP 2.....0%min and 100%max. However they do not work correctly. When I use the board, on EXP-2 I go no wah effect and on EXP-1 my tone completely changes to a right high chimey tome. I thought I had everything set correctly on the software but no matter what I do I can not get the Wah to work or the pedal to work and no change the tone..........What am I missing??

Sounds like you have Exp 1 and 2 swapped.  The high chimey sound may be the wah at full pedal down.  As noted below from the Advanced Guide, Wah goes to Exp 1 and Volume to Exp 2.  Try matching that in your setup.

Why do you have the volume at only 0-10%?  Will you even hear a difference with a 10% change or was that a typo?

Also, make sure that you have the volume pedal on and the wah pedal off in the FX tab on HD Edit.  That ensures that when you activate the FS, the volume function turns off and the wah takes over and vice versa.

*Note that when you add a Wah FX Model to your tone, the "Position" parameter for the Wah is automatically assigned to EXP 1. Likewise, when adding a Volume or Pan FX Model, its Position parameter is automatically assigned to EXP 2. This will result in multiple items assigned to these EXP Pedals if you already have existing Pedal assignments. For all Factory Presets that already include a Wah, Volume or Pan, these are typically already assigned as well. You can change these Pedal assignments, and/or create your own for other FX parameters - read on!

radatats, yes it was a typo. I switched the EXP1 and 2, still have the same problem but on different switches. Here's what I have:

On the FX tab, Wah is OFF, Position is EXP-1 (the dial is all the way to the right) Mix is 100%, FX type is Wah, FX model is Vetta Wah.....

FX tab Volume Pedal is ON, Volume is (EXP 2), Dial is all the way to the right, FX type is VolPan, FX Model is Volume Pedal..............

On the controllers tab Model is Volume pedal, FS assign is EXP toe switch, Parameter is Volume, Controller is EXP-2, Min is 0% and Max is 100%........

On the Controllers tab...Model is Vetta Wah, FS Assign is EXP toe switch, Parameter is position, Controller is EXP-1, Min is 0% and Max is 100%

Thanks for any additional help!

Update: I was able to make them both work if I assign them to FS7 & FS8 since I have those open. However I could have swore that I originally did not have to put them on FS, before my HD500 decided to loose my patches one day, and I had forgotten to do a bundle save.

The one many people forget is to turn your wah on/off via the toe-switch.  The tinny sound could be, as someone else noted, the wah at toe-down - but also because the wah never disengages.  The volume pedal should be "on" all the time - when you click the toe switch, the volume pedal will be left full-on.  If set up properly, the wah will then engage, as well as the pedal on the pod switching from exp-1 to exp-2.  All this should be in the starter guide, but it's easy to miss

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

How to activate Expression Pedal for Wah Control

Make sure there’s no Vol Pedal in patch that already occupies the Exp pedal

EXP 2 refers to the on-board expression pedal, as you can see the Exp2 lit up automatically when no extra wah pedal is connected to HD500

Dial in a Wah pedal and keep it selected, double-press MOVE button and tweak Controller to EXP 2

Exit previous window and press&hold ENTER button to assign a switch to Wah effect. It can any button from FS1~8 or the Exp Toe Switch