Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix USB port causing pops and clicks

Robmaster1

I'm trying to record into my DAW using the USB cable however I'm experiencing pops and clicks in my studio monitors and my headphones with audio playback or live guitar playing.. I've also noticed that the signal seems to double slightly when connected via usb.

I've located the issue to the USB port causing the issue. I done this by changing the USB cable with another one to see if there was any noise and there still was.

can someone please help as I will have to call technical support otherwise and mybe have to send back my new line6 helix :( and i don't want to do that because all the other audio connections work fine

Pops and clicks typically are related to the buffer settings for the Helix driver in your DAW. You probably need to increase the buffer size. As far as the doubling, that's because you're monitoring through your DAW. You need to turn direct monitoring off so you're only hearing the sound from the Helix directly.